cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled bids from unregistered members?

eBay administration has canceled two bids I received, one on two different item because bidder wasn’t  a registered member.  My question is how did they place the bid to begin with? I think other bidders might  feel it’s a scam of sorts.  Or is it some kind of scam by these un registered bidders?

I still would like to know how they could place a bid!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Canceled bids from unregistered members?

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

A system that is broken and needs fixed!

If you're not a member, you should NOT be allowed to make bids, offers, or buy without a complete eBay registration and verification process. PayPal was able to provide this process. 

Most of the eBay notices to sellers of don't ship usually come weeks after the item has been shipped. 

All I can say is if you sell an item, do your homework on the buyer before shipping. 

No one bid without an account on the site unless they are a Guest.  The OP's buyer had an account when they originally bid, it was later closed by Ebay and the bids they made cancelled.

The notice the OP got is NOT a usual notice.  Which is why I tagged the thread and hopefully the Community team can help us better understand here what happened.

There are TWO DIFFERENT types of notices being discussed on this thread which allows for some confusion.  There is they type the OP got and there there is the normal one we are use to seeing and that you are referring to in this post.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Canceled-bids-from-unregistered-members/m-p/34420979#M2388116

Two completely different notices.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 16
latest reply