cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Displaying Feedback Replies

@mudshark61369 wrote:

Why weren't buyers who also use feedback, whether they leave it or not brought into your discussions?  Don't we count?  Even though I only qualify as an occasional seller these days on my personal selling ID, I still have enough to have been asked what changes I would like to see, if only based on the length of time I have been selling.

As a buyer who has left feedback for over 5,000 purchases, since 2001, don't you think I might have been interested in any changes how feedback was going to be displayed.

That's a good point; I hadn't thought about that...

I've had a buying account since the early 'oughties, about the same as this selling account from '04, with 4-digit buying feedback on that, same as the selling on this one, but I cannot recall the last time I ever had a survey or phone-interview invitation in my buying account. Here in my selling account, I get them all the time. Go figure...

@mudshark61369 wrote:

Remove Top Rated status from sellers like the one in the screen shot below.

Remove the option for very high volume sellers to have feedback removed unless they actually qualified for removal. I wonder how many the one below did get removed.

Honest feedback either positive or non positive, does instill confidence in buyers.

mudshark61369_1-1708884154959.png

Confidence in this site has less to do with feedback, than it does from decisions handed down from On High, but real improvements to feedback might help.

I suppose I could do the math and work this out, but to save me the headache: What is the overall feedback percentage shown for that seller above? Just curious.

Message 61 of 158
latest reply

1.41% negs, 98.59% positive 

1.41 out of 100; 98..59 positive out of 100

Now, if you consider, as we all say.......30% or less now leave feedback, but most who would leave negs do.......

the real total would be about 3 x 1,471,201 = 4,413,603 total potential feedback

% on that would be .47% per 100 negs (1/2 neg per 100), .......or 99.53% positive

The seller has over a million feedbacks, surely we grant, based on our own experiences, that some negs of the 20,000  are undeserved, buyer mistakes, etc.........

Seller to me, well deserves TRS...........

@mudshark61369 

@a_c_green 

Message 62 of 158
latest reply

@dhbookds,

"The seller has over a million feedbacks, surely we grant, based on our own experiences, that some negs of the 20,000 are undeserved...".

The seller has over 5 million selling feedback.  Their current feedback percentage is 98.0%.  Yes some negatives may have been undeserved but, if you could read their neutral feedback probably half of them should be negatives and if that is the case their percentage would be even lower.

Still what you have to consider is there were 40K unhappy buyers, some of whom may have stopped using ebay because of sellers like this one, and I've run across many more TRS profiles like this one while checking info, in order to answer members who have come to the boards for help. This part of my reply was about Confidence in ebay as a platform after all. 

FYI. The vast majority of them were for serious undisclosed or not photographed damage. Other main complaints were for listing items that say things like "was supposed to be the set of three, but only one was sent... Wrong items received etc., along with poor communications". Many were from buyers who start with "I have bought from the seller before without problem".

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 63 of 158
latest reply

@a_c_green,

My first buying account was started in `98 and had around 700 Fb.

I sold  from my brick and mortar store from `01 - `08 when I closed it. 2,500 or so FB with 3 neutrals. For slow shipping. All were for paper payments that had to be verified.

I started this ID in `03 when I moved and had to go with a new internet provider and couldn't change the info on the `98 account, remember what a pain dial up connections were? For years 1 neg I received as a buyer for not paying, (too many purchases in one week, one of which slipped through the cracks)  Pre-electronic payments. I had a 99.9% feedback as a buyer for years not just 12 months.

I started my personal selling only account in `03 as well, it has over 3K feedback (0) neuts or negs. Yet I was never asked to participate in any Phone interviews, or direct from ebay surveys, either. I gave up on the more or less useless surveys ebay sends every body.  I have received Christmas gifts from them the last few years, but I'd rather have a lifetime TRS even w/o discounts, than the gifts.

Maybe they do not want to hear from me, because I was one of those sellers not allowed access to ebay open in Chicago in `08 because I had on an eBay protest T-shirt. I guess J.D. didn't like me or my shirt. I was just "Noise" after all.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 64 of 158
latest reply

Well you know they do say that an elephant has nothing on ebay as far as memories go.

Once on the naughty list you're there forever it seems.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 65 of 158
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

FYI. The vast majority of them were for serious undisclosed or not photographed damage. Other main complaints were for listing items that say things like "was supposed to be the set of three, but only one was sent... Wrong items received etc., along with poor communications". Many were from buyers who start with "I have bought from the seller before without problem".

Probably the seller is buying pallets of returns in bulk from someplace like Best Buy or Amazon and then listing them without bothering to find out WHY the items were returned in the first place. If that is in fact what they are doing then 98% Positive is probably pretty good for them.

Message 66 of 158
latest reply

That just makes it worse on small sellers.  😕  not a good idea in the long run... because it will chase off the small sellers.... leaving only the cheap new junk sellers...

Message 67 of 158
latest reply

If a buyer hasn't left feedback after receiving the item after 30 days, what negative feedback are you talking about? He must be satisfied, yes?

Message 68 of 158
latest reply

@goodnu9 wrote:

If a buyer hasn't left feedback after receiving the item after 30 days, what negative feedback are you talking about?

He is talking about negative 'feedback' to this announcement that was made here. Someone else suggested that the thread should have been locked as soon as the announcement was posted.

Message 69 of 158
latest reply

Feedback holds zero value if SELLERS are unable to leave accurate respondsible feedback NEGATIVE AS WELL AS POSITIVE. I do not leave feedback until a buyer does, and if it is derogitory than I leave an accurate account of the sale on my behalf as a response to their comments.

Remember, there are TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY, and eBay only allows a ONE SIDED VIEW>> POOR!

Message 70 of 158
latest reply

I have had one item sell, not paid for, had to relist 3 times. Found a buyer every time and they don't pay. Not sure what is going on. It seems ebay doesn't take unpaid items seriously because I checked the buyers details and they all had 100% feedback and several hundred. Now what I do for feedback if they don't pay is say "since ebay doesn't allow a negative feedback response now, this is NOT A POSITIVE feedback. Buyer never paid and didn't communicate via messenger to say they couldn't pay. My last one last night kept emailing me to sell an item right there and then so I ended the listing, sent an invoice, and nothing. 

Message 71 of 158
latest reply

@flgatorgirl1968 wrote:

I have had one item sell, not paid for, had to relist 3 times. Found a buyer every time and they don't pay. Not sure what is going on. It seems ebay doesn't take unpaid items seriously because I checked the buyers details and they all had 100% feedback and several hundred. 

Buyers cannot get anything other than a Positive comment, so unless they are selling on the same account, they will always have 100%. The false-Positive comment you left for that buyer can be removed if they complain, and you will be penalized for doing so.

After four days you can cancel with the reason of Buyer Did Not Pay, and that puts an Unpaid slap on their record. 2 or more in 12 months and they will be blocked from bidding on auctions where the seller has applied tight restrictions in their Buyer Requirements settings. 

There is not much point in auctioning items with known retail values. List them as Fixed Price with the Immediate Payment Required box checked, and then no one can snatch your item off the market without actually paying you for it first.

Message 72 of 158
latest reply

I believe that eBay needs to adopt a seller rating system like the BBB has in place and drop the feedback game.  The BBB uses a lettering system like A+, A, A-, B, etc. I believe to C. Much simpler and user-friendly for both sides.

Message 73 of 158
latest reply

@oldwestgold wrote:

I believe that eBay needs to adopt a seller rating system like the BBB has in place and drop the feedback game.  The BBB uses a lettering system like A+, A, A-, B, etc. I believe to C. Much simpler and user-friendly for both sides.

What does this have to do with displaying feedback replies??????

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 74 of 158
latest reply

@seller_news_team 

Please change the Default to Most recent (green arrow on pic) instead of Most relevant for how Buyer FB is displayed when sellers view it.  I am more concerned with how much FB a Buyer has recently then what the FB was for ... and often only a few items on a Buyer's FB might be relevant to an item they purchase in my categories.   Therefore, "most relevant" is irrelevant ... 

Screenshot (611).png

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 75 of 158
latest reply