cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback and phone and chat

Well ebay phone support is at 11:50 AM saying that is past operating hours.

So I have to chat.

Buyer supplies wrong address and asks us to ship to a different one. Reported buyer. Cancelled sale and told them to re-purchase with the proper address. Buyer insisted that it was my fault the wrong address showed up. Weeks later leaves neutral.

Chat sends me to the new feedback removal request.

I have complete confidence that even this simple and obvious removal will be denied.

Used to be a simple 2 minute phone call.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Feedback and phone and chat

That has been around for a long time.  Sellers have to stay on their toes.  If the seller receives an email from a buyer by a different name and/or Ebay ID than the transaction was sold to, the seller should catch that.  That is part of the seller's job to see this and question it.

It is not just drop shippers that abuse the cancellation system.  Another thing that has been around for a long time, which is why Ebay has started to crack down on sellers that abuse the cancellation system.  I encourage any member that experiences this to report their seller to Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Finally got ahold of an Anchor CSR.

I was using the wrong phone and ebay and didn't recognize my phone number so I got the runaround.

CSR told me manual removal is coming back and that she would run this up the chain to be removed since it qualifies for removal under buyer error.

Positive steps ebay, positive steps.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I'll believe it when I see it.  Not questioning you, just what you were told.  Hopefully it was true, but I've heard too many things told by CSRs to sellers that didn't end up being true to trust it until you know if you actually get it removed. (If I'm seeing the same one, it appears to still be there, and I agree it should be removed.)

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it.  Not questioning you, just what you were told.  Hopefully it was true, but I've heard too many things told by CSRs to sellers that didn't end up being true to trust it until you know if you actually get it removed. (If I'm seeing the same one, it appears to still be there, and I agree it should be removed.)

I tend to believe my Anchor Store CSRs. 

Never had a wrong turn with one yet.

She said it was near end of day for her shift so it might not go through until Monday.

I'm going to remain hopeful but she agreed both that the new feedback removal tool was broken nonsense and that the neutral feedback should not be allowed to stay.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Hopefully you're right, and definitely I would agree that should be someone who could be more easily believed!  Let us know what happens!

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals ,

Why are you even wasting time on trying to get feedback removed when you over 50 thousand positive feedback responses.

No one but you will care about one non positive comment.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals ,

What rule did the buyer break?

You did cancel the order. Did you not?

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

That has been around for a long time.  Sellers have to stay on their toes.  If the seller receives an email from a buyer by a different name and/or Ebay ID than the transaction was sold to, the seller should catch that. 

I wouldn't exactly call this "staying on your toes" but more like staying "not lying in your bed face down." 😀

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Ah, the old yo-yo scam. One of the classics. Surprised there's still people around peddling that shenanigan nowadays.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

That has been around for a long time.  Sellers have to stay on their toes.  If the seller receives an email from a buyer by a different name and/or Ebay ID than the transaction was sold to, the seller should catch that. 

I wouldn't exactly call this "staying on your toes" but more like staying "not lying in your bed face down." 😀

OK, you got me there.  Your statement is MUCH better than mine.  😍

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@monster-deals ,

Asking to ship to an address other than provided.

That's a no-no.

You are certainly free to accept whatever abuse buyers hurl at you, I neither feel the same way nor do I wish it upon you.

Yes I cancelled the sale. Problem with buyer's address...which there was.

Pretty cut and dry, nuts and bolts kinda stuff here

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

Hopefully you're right, and definitely I would agree that should be someone who could be more easily believed!  Let us know what happens!

So far no good. Looks like another call.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@theteamsetguy wrote:

@monster-deals ,

Asking to ship to an address other than provided.

That's a no-no.

You are certainly free to accept whatever abuse buyers hurl at you, I neither feel the same way nor do I wish it upon you.

Yes I cancelled the sale. Problem with buyer's address...which there was.

Pretty cut and dry, nuts and bolts kinda stuff here

It does not break any rule for a buyer to ask if the seller will ship to a different address than appears on the Order.  However if the seller complies it is the seller that assumes the risk as they lose any Seller protection they may have on the order.

So you are correct, sellers should never comply, but the buyer is not breaking any rule by asking, nor does it make them an abusive buyer.

Cancelling the sale using the reason as problem with the buyer's address is a good move and protects the seller.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

but the buyer is not breaking any rule by asking, nor does it make them an abusive buyer.

It is literally one of the main reasons to report a buyer, so yes, it is breaking policy

Leaving bad feedback for their own error absolutely is abusive buying behavior.

It isn't anything BUT.

Problem with buyers address and messages proving they had the wrong address and blaming me for that so far has not protected me from anything.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

but the buyer is not breaking any rule by asking, nor does it make them an abusive buyer.

It is literally one of the main reasons to report a buyer, so yes, it is breaking policy

Leaving bad feedback for their own error absolutely is abusive buying behavior.

It isn't anything BUT.

OK, I'm willing to learn something new.  Please provide a link to the policy that says it is a break in the policy for a buyer to ask the seller to ship to a different address than appears on the order.

Feedback is a separate issue.  Did you just cancel or did you explain to the buyer why you needed to cancel and give them an option of repurchasing the item and updating their ship to address?

Message 30 of 31
latest reply