cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

I am really frustrated.  When I sell items I always leave feedback as soon as possible for my buyers.  Most of them pay really quickly & I feel it is nice to let other people know this.  The thing is, I have a hard time getting buyers to leave feedback for me.  I give them some time- then I send them a message to leave feedback for me.  I give them a little more time & send another reminder message.  Sometimes, I will contact them a THIRD time.  This is all over a period of 3-4 weeks.

We all depend on our feedback to build our reputation on ebay.  It's not like I expect every single person to leave me perfect feedback- although I strive to provide good service.  If they leave me positive feedback- great!  If not, I know what I need to improve on.  Why don't people leave feedback?  I think I am going to start delaying my feedback for others.  Some might not agree with me, but it should be a mutual effort.

Message 1 of 115
latest reply
114 REPLIES 114

Re: Feedback

@danthebom13 wrote:
I was also frustrated with buyers not leaving feedback so I only leave feedback after I receive feedback. It is voluntary but maybe EBAY should calculate completed transactions.

That sounds like a good idea if you have more customers who will leave feedback just to encourage the seller to leave feedback than customers who leave feedback only if the seller has left feedback. 

Buyers can quickly see how many completed transactions I have made as a seller by looking at my "feedback left". 

Message 76 of 115
latest reply

I agree.  I am always to quick to leave feedback because I am grateful for the sale but my averages on return are about the same as you.  I must add though that when I make a purchase, I always leave feedback for the seller!!!

Thanks for posting! Good luck to you!

Message 77 of 115
latest reply

I've done feedback in every possible way and it hasn't changed getting any from buyers. I put a handwritten note inside the package and always leave feedback but for every 20 sales I get one or two in return.

I used to get annoyed but have given up trying to get a response from buyers. So I just leave fb for them thanking them for their purchase and move on.

It's just not worth trying to figure out anymore. However, the lack of fb does make the system inaccurate. Oh well.

Message 78 of 115
latest reply

@quiltersusie wrote:

I've done feedback in every possible way and it hasn't changed getting any from buyers. I put a handwritten note inside the package and always leave feedback but for every 20 sales I get one or two in return.

During the past six months, you've received 39 from buyers, and left 86. That's 45%; not great, but why do you think you're only getting 5-10%? You're getting 5 to 10 times more feedback than you think you are; I'd love to understand the psychology behind that.

Message 79 of 115
latest reply

As a seller I always leave feedback to the buyer prior to shipping.

The buyer doesnt alway leave feedback for me, I message them 2 or 3 times without success.

My biggest peave is when I buy items......I leave feedback to the seller and they wont leave feedback for me....what is their problem???

Message 80 of 115
latest reply

@dekyffe  Buyers just don't seem to leave feedback anymore.  I always leave it as soon as the item is shipped and I probably get around 30% reciprocated rate back from them.  However, I would not recommend messaging them for it as you say you do -- it may really bother some people and they may end up leaving you bad feedback as a response to all the pestering.

When I buy, which isn't that often the sellers do seem to leave me fb and I always leave back for my sellers.  I haven't real paid that close of attention though.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 81 of 115
latest reply

".what is their problem???"

They don't  have one.

Unlike some they probably understand that leaving feedback is VOLUNTARY.

Why the obsession with receiving feedback?

Are you able to do something with it that I am not aware of?

Message 82 of 115
latest reply

I feel for you on the Feedback Situation !  I USE to leave feedback for ALL buyers as soon as payment was received.....NOW I will view their feedback rating, then look to see "their feedback to others" If they don't wish to provide positive feedback on the item they purchased, I'm sorry, but why should I worry about giving feedback when they pay.

Anyone with a half of brain knows when buying from someone, they check the rating of the seller 1st...at least I DO....So if it was important for you, why not make it easier for the next person and provide feedback, rather good or bad, its very important. Then the kicker...when I don't give feedback on a sell, Ebay reminds me spamming my inbox to provide feedback...HEY EBAY....how about sending these to the buyers, I feel that is the same issue......My rant is over 🙂  but it was a factual rant....

Message 83 of 115
latest reply

@alwjamijenki wrote:

NOW I will view their feedback rating, then look to see "their feedback to others" I

Which takes more time than just leaving a feedback comment.

Why are some eBay sellers intent on inventing new ways to waste their valuable time?

Message 84 of 115
latest reply

"What is their problem?"

There is no problem.  We all can choose whether or not to leave FB.  Some choose to do so, others do not.  

Message 85 of 115
latest reply

same for me, it's frustrating, I have no  answer for you other than just concentrate on making money$$

Message 86 of 115
latest reply

I really dont think ebay cares one way or another!!

Message 87 of 115
latest reply

Your so right!! Stay with the rant!!!
Message 88 of 115
latest reply

@ *help_no_brakes*

"Are you able to do something with it that I am not aware of?"

I could do something with it that  most people are not aware of.

It would help me get a different colored star as soon as I  could get 59 more like it.

Message 89 of 115
latest reply

As a buyer, I almost instantly pay for my item through Paypal....but what bothers me, Ive had several sellers that never leave me a feedback. As a buyer, I'm not going to be the first one to leave a feedback....is this me or am I crazy to think this. As a seller, you rate my promptness to pay for the item, as a buyer, I leave the feedback when I get the item.....and like it's been said before, I will never ask for a feedback from a seller because he's waiting on mine....anyone feel the same?

Message 90 of 115
latest reply