cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Buyer opened 22 returns as Not As Described when they really didn't need the items anymore

In a bit of a pickle here, a buyer purchased 22 items over 7 separate transactions over 3 days. I shipped them all out in 2 packages with tracking numbers. Now the buyer opened 22 different return cases with the description "Item not working", then saying in each return description that he received them *too late* for a project he was working on. I posted them within my shipping and handling time and one batch arrived 4 days later and the other one was a little late, taking about 5 or 6 days.

Now because they hit the wrong button on all returns I'm going to get all these marks on my account. Is there anything I can do to get them not to count against me, since the buyer hit the wrong reason for return and admitted it? This nonsense is going to really impact my service metrics!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help! Buyer opened 22 returns as Not As Described when they really didn't need the items anymore

That would be so frustrating!  I'm not sure if eBay will help you with that but since they are all from one buyer they might not affect you as much as if they were from different buyers.

If you are rated Very High in a category, but you had fewer than 10 'Item not as described' return requests from unique buyers, or your 'Item not as described' rate is under 1% in a specific category during the evaluation period, you will not be subject to consequences

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/service-metrics-policy?id=4769

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Help! Buyer opened 22 returns as Not As Described when they really didn't need the items anymore

That's good to know, but since this was over multiple transactions, I wonder how they are going to handle that. 😕

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Item not working",

@njrtsr - you sell post cards, correct?  It should be (might not be) fairly easily for e-Bay to discern this choice would never apply to your items (unless they are *magic* post cards of some sort)

I do not do social media, but hopefully someone will post for you the ways on e-Bay facebook and twitter to ask for assistance on this, especially if you have the email(s) from the buyer indicating he selected the "wrong" reason for all these returns.  Worth a shot anyways.  So sorry - there really should be a "do-over" for some of these exact issues.  Especially when the issue is created 100% by the Buyer.  (Never mind the 22 returns on items you considered sold).

Sending you a "virtual TGIF Cocktail" and hoping a vacation is in the future for all of us soon.  Just reading your dilemma reminded me how much I need one!  Good Luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi, To contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. Leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes, the "not working" description they chose totally doesn't apply to my listings. I messaged them politely mentioning that they chose the wrong reason for return and they were very apologetic. The only issue now is correcting the automated scorekeeping. Does anyone know the links for their support on facebook?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

==>>  ^^^^^^^^^

Up there - Lisa was kind enough to post them for you.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 7
latest reply