cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a seller with 4 negative feedback still have 100% positive feedback rating?

Just curious if anyone can explain how a seller with 4 negative feedbacks can still have a 100% positive feedback rating? I spoke with eBay concierge and they had no answers and stated they would look into it. Can anyone else make any sense out of this?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: How does a seller with 4 negative feedback still have 100% positive feedback rating?

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

I know I'm still showing one on my feedback but it is over a year old. There seems to be a glitch with them disappearing, though I am back to 100% now.

Over 12 mos based on the transaction date or the date buyer left the FB?

Buyers have 60 days to leave FB, so determining whether it's older than a year you'd have to remember the date the buyer left the FB, not the date of the transaction.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Re: How does a seller with 4 negative feedback still have 100% positive feedback rating?

I'm just a baby here. Start my 24th year tomorrow.

I understand that there will be a solar eclipse in my honor😎

Signifies that things are not always sunny and bright.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Buyers have 60 days to leave FB, so determining whether it's older than a year you'd have to remember the date the buyer left the FB, not the date of the transaction.

So the way feedbacks are catalogued/displayed "past month, past 6 months, past year, over a year" -is that by purchase date or feedback left date? 

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Feedback left date @gurlcat .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

It's from when the buyer left the feedback. The transaction was in December late 2022 and they left it in early February 2023. It's still there, even tho my % went back to 100 as of March 1st.  

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

@janet9988 wrote:

You would think ebay employees would KNOW this information.

Not just employees but elite Concierge employees.  

Why are they "elite"?  Is their training different than other CSRs?  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 34
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

So the way feedbacks are catalogued/displayed "past month, past 6 months, past year, over a year" -is that by purchase date or feedback left date? 

The date the FB is left.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

No way that 3 different buyers say exactly the same thing.

Yes way.

EBay supplies boilerplate feedback for those who are nice enough to leave FB, but not original enough to think up a different comment every time.

I have been using the same words for every Selling FB for decades changing only the shipping dates.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

That's not a glitch.  The feedback doesn't disappear, it's just no longer counted in your percentage.  Negative feedback is permanently shown to those who bother to take the time to dig into your history (or if eBay deems it "relevant feedback"), it just rolls off your percentage calculation so you can get back to 100% as you did.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

@gloryglorygifts wrote:

It's from when the buyer left the feedback. The transaction was in December late 2022 and they left it in early February 2023. It's still there, even tho my % went back to 100 as of March 1st.  

That's not a glitch.  The feedback doesn't disappear, it's just no longer counted in your percentage.  Negative feedback is permanently shown to those who bother to take the time to dig into your history (or if eBay deems it "relevant feedback"), it just rolls off your percentage calculation so you can get back to 100% as you did.

Isn't it though @brightlightbookseller ? According to glorygifts, the FB was left in early Feb 2023.

- It correctly dropped off her % calculation.

- It correctly remained on her FB profile.

- It incorrectly remained in the "past 12 months" stats box at the top of her FB page, saying she's had 1 neg FB in the past 12 mos, even though the FB is from 14 mos ago.

GLORIOUS!

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Ah, I missed that it was showing in the Past 12 Months area.  You're right, that may be a glitch, assuming it was actually left in Feb 2023 (it's always hard to pin down the exact date feedback was left, unless you just happen to remember, which for a negative, they might).

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Yes, according to the negative feedback shown, all 4 negative feedback comments were less than 12 months old. All 4 feedback comments were from different buyers as well. eBay confirmed they saw the same thing on their end, and agreed with me it was strange, even though I've been seeing this for years. They told me someone would follow up with me via email with an update and of course I never heard anything back from them about it.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

The eBay concierge service was offered to me about 8-9 years ago. I have no idea how I was selected. I assumed everyone had it but over the years I've learned that's not the case. The best part about it is you select your reason for contacting them and they call you, typically in 3 min or less. For the past 4-5 years up until about 8 months ago they would even remove negative feedback if it went against eBay guidelines and even if it didn't you could ask for a "courtesy removal" and many times they'd remove negative feedback if they could see a trail of effort by the seller. They've since done away with it. Typically the eBay concierge reps have a decent bit of knowledge and are located in the US. Unfortunately they're back to having zero power to impact change. So even when you're right about a situation there's nothing they can do about it. They basically take a report and create a ticket that's submitted to their IT dept. Otherwise they're mostly there to clarify and explain things.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

False. 99.96% does not round up to 100% positive with eBay ever.

I currently have 99.9% (only 1 negative feedback) .

Your feedback score is your feedback score. eBay doesn't round up.

Furthermore that's not the situation with the seller I mentioned in the OP as they had only 800+ feedback and 4 negatives all in the last 12 months.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

1. the 4 negative feedback comments were from unique buyers, and all 4 were left in the past 12 months. 1 was in the past month, and the other 3 were 6 months or older.

2. eBay concierge confirmed my statement above.

3. The seller had 800+ total feedbacks and 4 negative feedbacks.

4. eBay doesn't round up. I have 99.9% positive feedback with only 1 feedback and eBay has never rounded up.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply