cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just saw my six millionth etsy adv this month

On the CBS morning show. Six million and one was on local news. Then on CNN. Now on the sports one. Last night on history and the one that show old westerns.

Don't do screaming or pod shows or facekindle or Xtweet, and other then NPR no radio ... so no idea if adv on those things but on real tv there's tons.

Now to be fair I do see ebay adv, but only for car stuff. We don't sell car stuff. Don't remember recently seeing one for watches or purses or cards - we don't sell them either - but do remember one for Beanie Babies, or was it for the "iSold It on eBay" locations  ...  but it wasn't recently.

How's this for an adv -  "You'll find everything, including the kitchen sink, on ebay" - then talk about the cars and cards.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Just saw my six millionth etsy adv this month

Ya i have been seeing a lot of their commercials too lately so i thought i would go over there and take a look on Friday. I never intended to purchase over there but before i left i ended up buying 3 different things over there. Who would have thought all those commercials would have brought in more buyers 🤔

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

You're obviously watching far too much television.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

I have seen none of those Etsy ads.

Perhaps if you are seeing 6 million of them they are cheap ads which are inserted by your cable or satellite or streaming provider and limited to your area. They tend to be repeated frequently because of the limited number of eyes they reach.

But I watch very little on cable.

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Etsy is hitting it hard lately. I must admit that I enjoy watching the dude try to haul in logs for the fire, though. 😄

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

And sometimes simply experiencing quiet is nice. 

Close the laptop, turn over the phone, and shut off the TV.  Ahhhhh!

A Piña Colada in hand is nice too!

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

I have seen none of those Etsy ads.

Perhaps if you are seeing 6 million of them they are cheap ads which are inserted by your cable or satellite or streaming provider and limited to your area. They tend to be repeated frequently because of the limited number of eyes they reach.

But I watch very little on cable.

I've seen a few Etsy ad's, far more eBay ad's on my cellphone apps even one that targets what "I like" inside my Scrabble Game which is quite a popular mobile game.  Ad's on Roku, here there.

However as you correctly state 110% true the state of cable, satellite, streaming advertising has completely changed.  They are getting very good at targeting domains and via Roku especially I often see the same ad's repeated in groupings.  Like I've need wait for seven ad's watching a movie and the same ad repeated, two, three even sometimes four times.  Surely it'll get more refined in time.  But yea, see allot more localization of advertising going on with TV.  I've a relative who works for one of the bigger digital advertising firms and its all pretty amazing.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Or the guy who's crying over a hanging lamp? WTH...still trying to figure that one out. Some of those commercials are just stupid.  Like most commercials. lol

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

Or the guy who's crying over a hanging lamp? WTH...still trying to figure that one out. Some of those commercials are just stupid.  Like most commercials. lol

@ckimodog 

I haven't seen that one yet, but I agree... some are quite stupid. Like most commercials. 😂

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

I see lots of Etsy ads, they are reasonably good but you need to consider what the goal of these ads is which in my opinion is more about pumping their stock price than helping their sellers. Etsy doesn't have the deep pockets of Bezos and with little if any profitability to show investors they need to create the illusion that they will be profitable down the road.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

I see some eBay collectible ads on My Edge browser... they are direct to eBay listings.

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

Oh my ... that one is easy. The guy wanted that lamp but it got sold before he could buy it. Then the other guy showed him all of the other lamps online and he chose one from Etsy and then he was happy again.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

And let us not forget....Dr. Butt crack! lol My husband cringes every time he sees that commercial.  "Do we have to see this??"...lol

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Lots of Etsy ads lately, because Etsy users complained for months, maybe years, that Etsy didn't advertise and people hadn't heard about Etsy...so they finally started advertising on TV.    Etsy is trying to become another eBay-- nothing special about Etsy anymore.  it's just another public corporation trying to maintain/improve  shareholder value.

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

And let us not forget....Dr. Butt crack! lol My husband cringes every time he sees that commercial.  "Do we have to see this??"...lol

Yeah, it's not like we don't see it enough in the wild as it is. 😖

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 42
latest reply