cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SALES

is ebay pushing sellers out on purpose?  i cannot figure out what else could be going on.  my sales are down 74% in last month.  68% down from last year.  i have done everything i can do to my listings. i contact ebay over and over again and they always say they will look into it but never follow up like they say they will nor does anything change. i guess i need to downgrade my store...can't afford it anymore.  What a joke this has become.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: NO SALES

Hang in there.  It may be the time of year.  I am a small clothing seller and last year my sales were the pits in the summer.  They noticeably dropped off after the 4th of July.  July was off 70 or 80% from the previous month and August was just as slow.  It was very discouraging, but did recover in the fall.  The previous summer was also slow (but not as bad as last year).

It can also be hard to predict patterns.  I'll get one or more sales every day for two weeks, then nothing for 6 days.  Can't explain it. 

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

I know why, all your listings show Delivery Estimated is 19 days. No one wants to wait this long for a item that shipped from inside US. I think eBay set your items Estimated Delivery date incorrectly unless you set handing time was 12 days. I just found out they did this to all my listing, too. Shows 13-15 days for my buyers to receive the item even I have set ship within one day via first class. So, my sale has stopped, too. However, I checked many other seller's listing are showing correct Delivery date though.

I also found eBay sometimes charges me 2X rate for ad fee for the same item even just sold one. We all need to watch out for that and call eBay for these problems.

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

I feel like some of it is the time of year and a lot of people getting outside, going on vacation, and that sort of thing.  I sell old car brochures mostly, sometimes diecast models as well (about to list a few if anyone's lookin' lol), and until the middle of May sales were at a very consistent number and virtually no days without at least selling one or two items.  Now I go three or four days between sales sometimes.  However this month I had one buyer who made my whole month with one huge purchase, so I'm not complaining...yet!  Just going to shrink the number of active listings I have for a while and stay within the number that comes with my subscription (I normally run quite a few over it), and wait til things pick up.

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

Week days for selling is bad enough but weekends have turned into a pathetic disaster!  Lucky to get 1-2 sales.  I had 2 yesterday BUT one if from a offer by a 0 feedback buyer who has been a member for barely a week.  No confidence it will be paid for.  I'll probably post new listings today & see if that changes the awful trend for the last 2 months.  I can waste my time doing that or waste my time doing nothing.  lol  

Message 34 of 34
latest reply