cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help, is this a guys or gals

Canvas Shorts Aeropostale , sz 29. I think it looks like gals but seen listing that has this as mens.  How to tell. Thanks for any info. Here's some photos to help.20220621_150640.jpg20220621_150735.jpg20220621_150653.jpg20220621_150647.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Need Help, is this a guys or gals

You can tell by the zipper/placket design. Traditionally they are on opposite sides: men's are left over right, women's are right over left.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'd title it as unisex and include waist, inseam, rise, and length measurements in the description.  I list a lot of clothes and sometimes there's simply no way to know what category to put something in, without specialized knowledge of the specific brand.  I'd list them in Men's shorts, though.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Most  usually ladies items are stated in  sizes  like P, (petite) 2, 4, 6, 8 etc

Mens sizes  by waist band size 29, 31, 34,  36 - measure the waist band width with zipper up and button closed and laying flat. & double it.   My guess is your result will be 29".

This chart will give you more insight -

https://www.blitzresults.com/en/pants-size/#women

Note there are no single standards that all manufactures follow.  That is why some same size label fit  different from brand to brand and point of  manufacture.  Same goes for  shoes - personally I cannot wear a pair of Nikes too tight but New Balance or Under Amour I'm fine.  And skinny jeans aren't for everybody

I sold a lot of  clothing - mainly mens/womens   high end jeans and always  provided key measurements -  as not all body shapes are the  same - just go people watching at Walmart. Plus every now and then a product  size tag can be    incorrect.  And those low rise  jeans the size tag is not a waist size as the jeans fit on the upper hips e.g. 7 For All Mankind womens jeans

Hope this helps

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Men's Shorts

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

One more thing the brand manufacturer may  have a size  chart that may help you.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Looks like mens shorts and size is a mens 29 which is very small and a hard sell but can also fit some women.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

In the current environment who know, there is no correct answer

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

You can tell by the zipper/placket design. Traditionally they are on opposite sides: men's are left over right, women's are right over left.

In my experience, once they started putting 'flies' in women's pants ... they usually were constructed the same as men's:  left over right.   [A quick scan of my jeans/pants showed about 80% are zippered like men's.]

The rule still seems to hold for shirts, however.  😊

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Looks like men's to me - I wear men's pants and shorts and the tailored ones allow for about a 7" difference between waist and hips.  Aeropostale starts at 27" for men.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

What a wonderful ebay community, thank you all for the help. Will be going with the majority and listing as mens. Thanks! 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

They are guys chino short, check the Aeropostale website site, it looks like they come in several lengths you might want to note the length in the listing.

Guy shorts sizes at Aeropostale run 27 to 42 generally

Girls shorts sizes run 000 to 18 generally

Message 12 of 12
latest reply