cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Listing - Unauthenticated

So I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows who sells here that eBay can and will pick/chose at times to pull your items if they deem so. So if there is a competitor that sells items that are the same as yours or similar, he can just flag your items and eBay will pull them even if their already sold (preventing you from the sale) AND not allow you to relist them either - based on a simple click by a competitor. This is going on right now with me and it affecting my livelihood, creates a disgusting untrustworthy environment for selling on eBay, and eBay doesn't want to help and said no comments can be made further? Also eBay was absolutely wrong about why they did what they did and can't undue what has been done, and I'm left with: "no comments can be made further on the situation" - as a upset seller?? What in the f**k?

Can someone explain how this policy doesn't infringe on the fair trade policy ? This is corruption

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

It's more likely that bots are flagging your listings and removing them.  Are they saying that your items are not authentic?   Unless the listing is obviously breaking a rule, ebay doesn't remove a listing based on a report from one person.  Otherwise, everyone could report each other's listings.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Yeah well try selling inside the sports memorabilia/cards ring and you'll find out how it works. All you have to do is flag a seller account with a few buddies and say w/e their selling is against one of ebay's policies and eBay will react by ending your listing - stopping the sale, preventing money to enter from ended auctions - and w/e they can to stop the "reported" fake problem. You can grab a couple of your friends and corner a specific item or items like this and unfortunately eBay is defending fraud before an honest seller.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Its corruption and lack of accountability on eBay. Its one sided and it would deemed that in court,  would be entertaining to see them attempt to defend themselves against the federal Antitrust laws :The Sherman Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, and the Clayton Act.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

So what reason was given for removing the items? 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

Ebay reserves the right to limit any product they want for any reason.

This isn't public domain, actual legal rights to sell doesn't mean it's allowed.

Your rights aren't being infringed.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport 

I'm surprised eBay didn't tell you to change your ID avatar.  That could be on the lines copyright infringement.  Years ago a friend of mine was contacted by eBay & told to remove it from there shop.  

Sorry for your situation and frustration.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

All I was told is the items were flagged against there policy and they said:

"We don’t allow unauthorized copies." ( NEW FLASH, THEIR NOT COPIES, THEIR VERY AUTHENTIC AND YOUR TAKING THE WORD OF SCAMMERS OR YOUR OWN BOTS FOR REMOVING THE LISTING)

I guess maybe I should just do the same thing back to everyone on eBay, I definitely could get 3-4 friends with active accounts, pay them to do it for me, and spend a few days flagging hundreds of eBay listings? For example, one of the items was a sports card I had just pulled from a pack a few day ago which was listed on eBay immediately, and me being the one who opened the pack and got the card, listed it, and now I'm told this on this item and many more? So I'm sitting over here laughing at their bull there attempting to claim, figuring out the real truth behind it... Other sellers are manipulating eBay to their advantage by doing this. Also ruining another sellers livelihood, taking money and time away from that person they will never get back. This would be manipulation, strong arming, and wrongful trade practices and eBay is in the middle of doing it.)

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Biased reasons to why someone would be singled out, treated negatively, endure harassment on a free trade selling platform that their involved with doing? Also when I prove their wrong, then what would they say?  " I'm so sorry for this, it was a our mistake, shucks to be you I guess.."

Unfortunately, eBay does hold their own rights but those rights don't trump the federal laws of the US.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Here are some headliner recent lawsuits against eBay on the federal level, they are not above the law

1) https://www.ecommercebytes.com/tag/ebay-lawsuit/

A Massachusetts couple subjected to threats and other bizarre harassment from former eBay Inc.

2) ebay-to-pay-3-million-over-harassment-case-that-included-sending-live-spiders-and-cockroaches

3) eBay to Pay $59 Million to Settle Controlled Substances Act Allegations

4) The U.S. government on Wednesday sued eBay accusing the online platform of violating the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws by allowing the sale of several harmful products

5) eBay will pay a $3 million fine over former employees' harassment

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

Yeah well try selling inside the sports memorabilia/cards ring and you'll find out how it works. All you have to do is flag a seller account with a few buddies and say w/e their selling is against one of ebay's policies and eBay will react by ending your listing - stopping the sale, preventing money to enter from ended auctions - and w/e they can to stop the "reported" fake problem. You can grab a couple of your friends and corner a specific item or items like this and unfortunately eBay is defending fraud before an honest seller.

No matter how  many people flag a listing, it will not be taken down if there is no violation.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

There, They're, Their............what's in a word.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

There are always those angry sellers on eBay who must use all-caps to vent their frustrations 😩 

The reality is that eBay and other memorabilia sellers do not care that much to collaborate and figure out a way to sabotage your listings. But feel free to initiate a lawsuit against eBay if you truly feel they are in the wrong. You could also find other platforms to sell or open up your own e-commerce store.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

@gtmstores 

Yeah your right, but what I did find out is you can take listings down by manipulating ebays algorithm when you flag specific luxury items and items where "authenticity" is a huge flag for that item. < And yes it is true (even when your items are authentic and your listing is unique and has no issues with the template/wording either, I was on both sides of this issue so I don't need to hear anything from anyone about flagging and removing someones listing), the results of how many people flagging a specific item, and how often they would need to flag the same seller will be released to show everyone. You can also search online for the exact scenario I'm mentioning and see for yourself as well. (But don't take my word for it haha, keep doing you.)

Yes I agree selling on Mercari, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, Offerup, and others has been a much better outcome than eBay. The other marketplaces don't have people manipulating their system for their advantages yet and their also not broke and full of current lawsuits, hence why ebay's support system is non existent and people CAN & DO take advantage of their system.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

So I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows who sells here that eBay can and will pick/chose at times to pull your items if they deem so. So if there is a competitor that sells items that are the same as yours or similar, he can just flag your items and eBay will pull them even if their already sold (preventing

Completely untrue. I can tell you that I have reported blatantly obvious counterfeit items over and over and over again and not once has a single one of them ever been taken down.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply