cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE METRICS MONEY GRAB FOR FAILING COMPANY

To whom it may concern that is having the same issues with lack of support from eBay CSR. I have been in contact with eBay regarding service metrics and being charged an extra 5% fee due to customer opening all cases as INAD regardless of if it was the case or not. There should be some sort of protection for the seller in the case that the buyer makes up a lie to be able to return an item and not have to pay for return shipping. This is clearly a money grab by eBay since they are losing market cap with their poor business decisions (I.E. international returns/authenticity programs). It is clear that the people at the top don't care about the people that make them their wages (US THE SELLERS). Something needs to be done about this being a class action lawsuit or something since this is technically stealing being that there is no base to charge extra fees other than the buyers word (which doesn't even have to be proven, the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you). Why that is you ask? Well it is very clear that it's in eBays best interest to charge extra fees.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: SERVICE METRICS MONEY GRAB FOR FAILING COMPANY

being charged an extra 5% fee due to customer opening all cases as INAD regardless of if it was the case or not.

You got Defects when NAD claims were made.

With "enough"  Defects, eBay raises your fee percentage.

the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you).

You didn't cooperate with the Claim by sending Return Shipping.

If you had, you would have the purchases back.

You did not refund voluntarily.

Since you never saw the items that the buyer complained about, it is quite possible that the customer was right.

No one will ever know for sure except the customer (or customers) who complained.

Multiple times, apparently.

BTW- the negative for the Undeliverable item
EBay does not require the seller to refund a single cent on Undeliverable items. That one neg (of four plus four neutrals) might be removeable.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

@properthreadz wrote:

It’s not about Ebay stepping in to resolve any of the cases I always take care of my customers.  The problem is customers open up the incorrect cases, and regardless of if the customer sends the item back to you or not, it counts against you in your service metrics even though to me, that would mean it was never proven that your item wasn’t as described if the person never even sent the item back to you. 

@properthreadz 

This post confuses me a bit.. if your buyer never sends back the item, can't you close that (type of) Return?

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

Doesn't really matter though if its closed.

Some of eBays metrics are purely based on being opened. They don't take into account that you took care of it, or even if you win the case and eBay closes it in seller favor. They will always still count in the metrics that are simply based on them being opened which is both for INR and INAD.

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

"... the customer can open a case as not as described and never send the item back and it will still count against you"

@properthreadz 

If a case is opened, approve it and send the buyer a return shipping label. You won't have to refund until your item is back and you won't incur any dings to your Seller Metrics. Good luck moving forward.

The seller won't receive a defect in that instance but they are still a ding against their Item not as described service metrics just because the case has been opened.  The seller can refund upon return and the

'ding' will still be there unless the seller qualifies for seller protection when a claim  is false or  the item has been used or damaged by the buyer. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Clothing purchases, in person, online or mail order are going to be returned. Whether you think you have a no returns policy or not.

Buyers will do what they have to to  return clothing which they do not like or does not fit. Which includes false SNAD claims.

You need to plan for it, adjust your prices to pay for it, and expect that it will happen.

Ebay customer support has nothing to do with the returns process. They are largely ignorant of it, and will continue to not be involved. They have little to do with seller ratings and why you are low ranked.

If you cannot deal with this issue calmly and accept the reality after over 6k sales, you might need to find another way to make some money. It is bad for your health.

Ebay on the other hand survives because it is no longer as buyer unfriendly as it was. Sellers who want to make money selling something seem to be plentiful, and if you leave there are plenty of competitors who will stand a better chance of selling their stuff.

You are being surcharged because you lack the customer service skills it takes to avoid it.

I sell everything with no returns. I accept returns if asked nicely. I get few requests to return anything.

That 5% is known to drive some sellers off. Ebay knows that. It is not the extra money that is the reason they charge it. Perhaps you would like to take another guess why they do.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

@properthreadz ,

Here is the easiest way to make sure you INAD metrics don’t get out of whack in the future.

1. Offer free 30 day returns to your buyers. This will remove the incentive for your buyers to file false INAD cases. They do it now to avoid having to pay for the return shipping when they are not happy with their purchase or get buyers remorse. Since I switched to FREE returns I have not had any false INAD returns.

Also, I believe by offering free returns you will increase the likelihood of gaining repeat customers. One third of my customers are repeats.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

100% scam. I purchased an item here which i never do because im just a seller. I must have gotten 3 emails about "your item not as described" click here.  "Item not to your satisfaction click here your protected". I had a friend log into there account so i can see since they purchase here often.... literally tons of these emails pushing buyers to file claims.  **bleep** do they do that.   NOW as a seller i have 15 items returned out of 996. That puts me HIGH in the sporting goods category.  I also downloaded these "claim" orders under the seller metrics.   Well S&*T out of 15 8 of them were either closed by the buyer because they figured it out or i helped explain how to use it, closed do to no return at all, or a case was opened and found in my favor.  3 of these are on my feedback as more or less stateing (had issue but seller was great to help me get it installed".  right there in black in white positive feedback closed the return case then still get F*&^ED by ebay.  EVEN if you file a claim about the return issue being a faulty claim about why it was returned it still stays on your metrics.  They took $3418.76 from me in March alone because of this. I call every day about my claim of 8 people and the cases closed.   Last time i called she said the person who is handling this case for you is in training and it will be awhile. She did inform me its not gonna matter even if they click "not as described by accident its still going to count against me.  This is a scam by ebay all around...they are screwing us big time.  Mind you im a top rated PLUS seller.   Im ready for a class action if anyone else is.  NO where in there policy (that i printed out just in case) says if a case is closed it still counts against you.  I suggest everyone print out there service metrics reports then look up the ids to see if it was closed by buyer or they never returned. I reiterated print then, take screen shots, etc, etc  because you never know what ebay may do.  

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

this makes sense as i get a lot of buyers who are new or less than 3-5 feedbacks that end up being fraudulent. Since ebay process the cards and we ship to the address ebay tells us they ALWAYS lose the credit card cases because as a seller they "protect us".  My items are average $300 so i can see them trying to F*&K me with fees to get there money back.  HOWEVER I still believe a buyer closing return case or never returning the item should NOT be in my metrics ESPECIALLY if they leave positive feedback about the sellers helping/trouble shooting the issue they were having on installing. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply