cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Dropped to ZERO out of no where....

Just wondering if anyone else has had their sales completely shut off before.... It's been 7 days without a single sale... My impressions, traffic, ect...is all down 50-75% out of no where.  I've been slowly building the store up since Sept. In Nov- Dec I had 50-100 items and was getting sales at least a few day a week. In January I was up to 200+ Items listed and had a great January with sales almost every day, I doubled my 30 day average for Jan compared to dec.  Jan 30 all of a sudden everything stopped...Every day my stats were turning red and that % just keeps growing. It just doesn't make sense.  I've ended about half my listings and am editing them to try to help but no idea what's going on. 

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Lots of ebb and flow with eBay, as well as tech issues that don't seem to be getting fixed. Super nice crayfish fly you got listed. Did u make it?

Message 2 of 65
latest reply

"It just doesn't make sense"

If the world has ever made sense to you congratulations.   Today is only Feb 6 and to compare the past 7 days to previous ones in your 5 months of selling doesn't make sense to me.  

Message 3 of 65
latest reply

"It's not your day"
Which is the running joke (or not joke) around here. 
It'll be crickets around here. While other sellers have their "day".
Then all of the sudden it'll be our turn to be seen.
Then crickets again.

Message 4 of 65
latest reply

The future forecast : declining sales

I expect more people will be spending more of their discretionary income on experiences & services & less on acquiring more possessions in future

Message 5 of 65
latest reply

Ebay has some serious problems, but they're not telling. Earnings are around the corner, and it will show what everybody has been realizing with slow to no sales. Now Ebay can fudge the numbers a bit, which I expect them to do. But overall, it's the non-sinkable Titanic 

Message 6 of 65
latest reply

Maybe its the sites way of telling you that you need to start using Promoted Listings at their "recommended" rate of 10% to 17% and effectively give up 30% to 40% of the items price right off the top in fees if you want to continue to sell here to any effect?

Kinda like, "we're gonna make'a you an offa you canno' refuse"?

Message 7 of 65
latest reply

@redlinear wrote:

"It's not your day"
Which is the running joke (or not joke) around here. 
It'll be crickets around here. While other sellers have their "day".
Then all of the sudden it'll be our turn to be seen.
Then crickets again.

I refuse to be called an insect...  Parasite is just fine but none of that insect stuff ok?

Message 8 of 65
latest reply

You had more listings for a while and got more sales. I'm small compared to a lot of sellers. I notice this for myself. I might normally have around 30 listings and my sales are slow. When I add more listings so I have around 50 or so, I generally do good until my listings drop back down. I'm a hobby seller and this isn't my income. If you're trying to make a living, you need those 100 listings all the time. Just a thought. Also, if you're thinking about promoting, make sure to read about fees before you start.

Message 9 of 65
latest reply

I'm winning. LOL

Is it even  mathematically   possible to have zero Views a day.. 

member since 98. wink. 🙄

Message 10 of 65
latest reply

@dollocity 

Member since 1955

I win!! 😁

Message 11 of 65
latest reply

First year Boomer- you kids get off my lawn!

@toysaver  has the best response.

Until you have a couple of years experience,it is difficult to see if something awful happened or if it is just the normal ebb and flow of retail.

When my retail business occasionally required long discussions with customers , I tried to set them up for Tuesdays at 2pm.

There would consistently be no one in the store but me and the customers.

Message 12 of 65
latest reply

You do win!!!!!

I apologize- snicker... So in all your wisdom?

Whas up?  Do you remember the good ol days? When the site policed itself? The more computers get involved... and try to police everyone's details? the worst it gets.... its getting so bad now

Message 13 of 65
latest reply

Same here.My sales were fine up until 10 days ago.Now I do not know what a sale is !!!

Message 14 of 65
latest reply

Looking at your store first I price checked your first item as it was an easy to pricecheck item. Your competition was cheaper.  

I also noticed for some reason you are auctioning books using an "everything is the same price" price model.  Every single one of those I checked is available shipped buy it now for less than your opening bid plus shipping. 

The rest of your store seems to be either off-season (fishing) or relatively expensive Christmas present type items ($20+ shipped mugs, $50 hoodies) that are likely drop shipped from somewhere else.  While your designs seem to be unique there is always something similar available much cheaper from somewhere else.

I would honestly not expect many sales from your store at this time of year.

Message 15 of 65
latest reply