cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeRo Unauthorized Item Policy - Request for Authentic Items

Without naming the company directly, I sold and completed two transactions for two LEGITIMATE AND AUTHENTIC DVDs. Some time passes.

This morning, I get my first ever "VeRO Unauthorized Item Policy" message. Said company is unhappy that I sold these DVDs apparently. I've NEVER heard of a rights holding company stopping the sale of used authentic DVDs before.

Has this happened to anyone else? Will the transactions be reversed? Did this company receive my personal information? What has happened to my account? Is there a list of companies that do this?

eBay customer service was not uniquely helpful to this matter. I know this community usually knows what's up.

Thanks to all who respond. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: VeRo Unauthorized Item Policy - Request for Authentic Items

@toomuchstuffagain35 wrote:

My guess is they were workout dvds such as Beach Body etc.

These companies now take the stance that you don't actually OWN the dvds, you are only buying the rights to use them.

That's what I was thinking.

They don't like their DVDs being sold here.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

As far as I know your personal info is not given out. The point is not to sue you but to have those listings taken off of eBay.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@whattheneck wrote:

I can assure everyone this was a real VeRO message from eBay. Customer service acknowledged it and the request was made by the company. 

Unless you're willing to share details (what company, what EXACTLY was on the DVD, how the DVD was marketed), you're just wasting time. There are too many variables to provide a reliable response.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@whattheneck wrote:

Okay, let's say it is a copyright change. Did this company get my personal info? Are they gonna sue me for $30~ to make a point?

Based on what little information you’ve posted about this, I’m interpreting the message you received as a warning to ensure you don’t sell these or similar DVDs again.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Without revealing a company's name, and I ask that you don't as well - it was two exercise DVDs from a predatory MLM turned failed IPO. 

Nowhere on the DVDs did it say "non-transferable," or anything like that. At least that I noticed.

If eBay could stop hand sanitizer from being listed, they should be able to auto-flag the authentic items that would trigger this response. 

Disappointed with both the DVD publisher/rights holder and eBay pertaining to this matter.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

The VERO take-down is a notice to discontinue sale.  Just don't relist this DVD (whatever it is) again - your account won't be harmed as long as you do not relist, no one will contact you further.  Rosetta Stone does this as well as Beach Body, etc.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 22
latest reply

OKAY - THIS IS STRAIGHT UP INSANE.

I am leaving eBay. I have to. 

Before the first VeRO claim, which violates the first sale doctrine, I had sold three altogether. I - just today - got a SECOND claim for the third one. No re upload, nothing. A sold item from months ago.

I'm just in complete shock. eBay customer doesn't give a **bleep**, like they always do. I'm waiting to hear from the VeRO department in 48~ hours. 

I have no idea how eBay allows DVD/CD/Book sales at all. I will not sell another item here. I can't.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply