cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your thoughts on eBay doing away with feedback in place of what the BBB uses?

I believe that eBay needs to adopt a seller rating system like the BBB has in place and drop the feedback game.  The BBB uses a lettering system like A+, A, A-, B, etc. to I believe F. Much simpler and user-friendly for both sides. Just maybe someone at eBay will see this and give it a thought.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: What's your thoughts on eBay doing away with feedback in place of what the BBB uses?

I believe that eBay actually needs to drop FB altogether.  

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: What's your thoughts on eBay doing away with feedback in place of what the BBB uses?

@soh.maryl wrote:

I believe that eBay actually needs to drop FB altogether.  

I agree. It has outlived usefulness since so few buyers are leaving feedback. The fact that our percentage is tied to feedback is also now useless.  And it should not be replaced with surveys. Surveys can be manipulated. I spent my entire working life in advertising and marketing so I never do surveys at all.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

To the best of my knowledge, FB is not tied to your percentage.  

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Eliminate the feedback system. It serves little to no purpose. I will post this pic once again. This seller stills does a brisk business. 

heckofagame_0-1709394592270.jpeg

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Buyers have never contacted me for 80% of the neutrals and negatives I have received lifetime. Not given me a chance to remedy the situation. The other 20% of the time, maybe they did contact me, I fixed things and they still used the nuclear option anyway. Poor sports. The suggestion for letters, pluses and minuses is a thumbs down for me. Too complicated.

I would prefer three odometer numbers, with no ratings at all.
1,495 Buying Transactions
27,573 Selling Transactions
44,117 Units Sold
Those are my numbers.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply