cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are Ads put between the product being sold and description for that item??

I have been getting too many questions that are answered in the description,, When I went to purchase some supplies on Ebay I found out why,, there are several rows of ads for other peoples items between the item i'm trying to buy and the description for that item.. So when buyers scroll down.. all they see are ads unless they keep scrolling.. This is a rip off for all Ebay sellers and creates too many questions because buyers can't readily find the information they need..

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Why are Ads put between the product being sold and description for that item??

I have this issue also. I'm constantly getting questions that I have answered in the description. 

And, I've also noticed as a buyer how hard it is to find the description. 

It doesn't make sense.

***********************************SIG LINE******************************************
Don't think of them as hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches!;-)
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Re: Why are Ads put between the product being sold and description for that item??

"Why are Ads put between the product being sold and description for that item??"

Plain and simple, it increases eBay's chances of making a sale.  A buyer may be pondering over your listing and if presented with a similar item for 10% less or that has free shipping that might close the deal.  EBay looks at all the sellers as a collective unit.  It doesn't matter who makes the sale, just that one was made for the 'team'.  

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Only so much rental space for ebay to show as many listings as possible to make ANY SALE.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

SINCE RENTAL space is limited on a page you better make darn sure what you sell has drop dead photographs, the best price.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

@storytimequilts wrote:

I have been getting too many questions that are answered in the description,, When I went to purchase some supplies on Ebay I found out why,, there are several rows of ads for other peoples items between the item i'm trying to buy and the description for that item.. So when buyers scroll down.. all they see are ads unless they keep scrolling.. This is a rip off for all Ebay sellers and creates too many questions because buyers can't readily find the information they need..

@storytimequilts

Well that there is the Promoted Listings Program! You too can share in the fun for just a mere 10% to 18% more of the ENTIRE TRANSACTION(including shipping and sales tax) approximate to the sites kind recommendations!

Sorry to be so flippant about the issue, but its either that or hurl...

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

The app is worse.

People who chintz out on the description (i.e., one line) make it tough to even unearth their item amongst all the clutter. I don't blame people for using ugly templates these days - at least they catch the eye.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Whether a buyer is interested in your item is determined in the first 5 seconds of a click. Thats why it's important to have good pictures, title and a competitive price. 

Buyers have really short attention spans and will not read anything longer than a tweet.

I sell junk on FB Marketplace where there are no sponsored ads appearing in my listings. I still get buyers asking questions that are CLEARLY answered in my listing. 

Ebay will put sponsored listings that are 1. cheaper than yours, 2. prettier than yours, 3. more expensive than yours (higher fees earned for Ebay) or 4. completely unrelated to what you are selling all in the hopes that a buyer will see something that they like and buy from someone anyone. 

Ebay only makes money when someone buys something. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@kenneth686321 

Ebay only makes money when someone buys something.*

*and when eBay collects seller listing and store fees for you to display your listings on eBay (and then proceed to use your paid listing space to advertise other listings). 

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

I get it but they could put those ads below the description,, not above it..

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

But they are costing sales.. I get it but they could put those ads below the description,, not above it..

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I"m not out to screw other sellers by doing that as well as paying more.. I just want to sell my items..

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Right,, The app don't even have a request total so seller can combine shipping for their buyers!!

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

That just seems to me to be a class action to me... 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Don't the listings look different in the cell phones/apps?  If you have to click through a bunch of ads to get to the description in the cell phones/.app, no wonder so many people don't do that.  

Message 15 of 21
latest reply