cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't shipping working today?

I keep getting this, doesn't matter which listing I try to print shipping on:

sinndex_0-1700416384501.png

Going somewhere else to print labels is going to be lots of extra work, why can't I print them on eBay?

C.

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Why isn't shipping working today?

@mam98031 wrote:

There are NO rate increases for USPS going into affect this week for Ebay.  Some other sites are having increases, but not Ebay.

Not sure if it's relevant, but Priority flat rate bubble mailers are now 8.80 on Stamps.com.

I did notice they were still 8.30 on eBay, but I thought that might have been an error in light of the problems I've been having printing a label.

C.

Message 46 of 65
latest reply

@japanmanialab wrote:

Having the exact same problem.

Getting the same red error banner when I tried to purchase shipping for USPS Flat Rate Envelope.

Had been using the same ship from address & zip code (in California) from day 1.

Also checked on USPS and verified the zip code is correct.

I was able to purchase a UPS Ground label with the same ship from address/zip code for another order so I guess the problem lies between ebay and USPS...?

Thank you so much for your reply. I was thinking the problem was with my account (and I couldn't figure that out), but it's good to know it's affecting other people which means eBay should be able to fix it soon. At least I hope so.

C.

Message 47 of 65
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

Good morning @sin-n-dex and @japanmanialab. We'll get this to our shipping team right away to see if we can get to the bottom of this and will follow up when we receive an answer. 

Great! Thanks for following up.

Although the eBay platform isn't the most reliable for shipping, I am kind of used to it and like how it works there, but I'll make do on stamps.com until this is fixed.

C.

Message 48 of 65
latest reply

It's interesting that both people who are having problems are registered in another country.  That might not mean anything but it does seem like an odd coincidence. 

Message 49 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

Going somewhere else to print labels is going to be lots of extra work, why can't I print them on eBay?

C.

Hi @sin-n-dex Can you please ensure the Ship From/Return address option in label printing has this US address selected?

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 50 of 65
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@sin-n-dex wrote:

C.

Hi @sin-n-dex Can you please ensure the Ship From/Return address option in label printing has this US address selected?

elizabeth@ebay

It is, but it still doesn't work.

sinndex_0-1700519274540.png

C.

Message 51 of 65
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It's interesting that both people who are having problems are registered in another country.  That might not mean anything but it does seem like an odd coincidence. 

Thank you! You just solved the problem.

My "return address" for people sending stuff back is in Canada. I changed it to the Niagara Falls NY address of Chit Chats (same as the sending address), and my label printed!

This seems to be what resolved the issue, it doesn't like the return address to be in a different country than the send from address.

C.

Message 52 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

My "return address" for people sending stuff back is in Canada. I changed it to the Niagara Falls NY address of Chit Chats (same as the sending address), and my label printed!

This seems to be what resolved the issue, it doesn't like the return address to be in a different country than the send from address.

C.

I went to look at my label. It actually printed what I put in the "return address" on the label (which was formerly my address in Canada, the purpose of that was for buyers to return items to Canada), it did not pull my "send from" address in my address profile. The send from address was modified to remove slashes and parenthesis when I was trouble shooting with Mr_Lincoln yesterday, and I never changed it back. I updated my return to address to be what I know as correct for Chit Chats, and that's what it pulled for the label.

The first clue was when Elizabeth pointed out it was a "ship from/return to" address, that was a clue that something had changed with the return address. And then @pjcdn2005 pointed out the other person having problems with USPS was registered in another country. Coincidence it could be, but I always believed my being registered in Canada had something to do with the problem as soon as no one else was having problems.

So for anyone else having this issue, change your "return to" address to your US address, and it will pull from there for the label and print that on it. If you have another country in there, USPS won't understand. Something's changed with the web programming to make our return to address the ship from address now, and the ship from address in the profile doesn't seem to be used (even though it shows up on the right hand side when I go to print my label).

C.

Message 53 of 65
latest reply

Can confirm that I was also able to generate the USPS label today after setting the "return address" in the account setting to the US address. (though the Ship From/Return address option in the label printing section had always been the US address even before the change)

Judging solely from the timing and that only USPS labels were showing this error, I guess ebay did change something internally regarding USPS labels even though they are not going to increase the rates. Or maybe changes in the system was actually made to ensure the new rates don't reflect on ebay buy shipping, and sellers with return addresses in foreign countries got caught up in this.

But nevertheless, Thank you @sin-n-dex for creating this post, and also @pjcdn2005elizabeth@ebay for the assistance!!!

Message 54 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

There are NO rate increases for USPS going into affect this week for Ebay.  Some other sites are having increases, but not Ebay.

Not sure if it's relevant, but Priority flat rate bubble mailers are now 8.80 on Stamps.com.

I did notice they were still 8.30 on eBay, but I thought that might have been an error in light of the problems I've been having printing a label.

C.

I wasn't talking ab out the bubble mailer.  

PM Flat Rate envelope was $7.60 until 11/18.  On the 18th USPS raised the price to $8.05 for some sites.  

Ebay has said they are not raising prices according to the USPS notice for 11/18 and as far as I know they haven't.  

Amazon also said the same thing, however somewhere a few days BEFORE the 18th Amazon raised their PM Flat Rate envelope to $8.05

The padded PM envelope is $8.80 on Amazon and $8.30 on Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 55 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex 

"C" in all fairness,  your Best answer should have been selected to another poster and not yourself.

Screenshot_20231121_064640_Chrome~3.jpg

 you can always change it by clicking on the best answer and selecting another, you received alot of good help on your post from others and I'm so glad you got it straightened around.

Message 56 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

C.

I'm so glad you got this resolved @sin-n-dex. Thanks @pjcdn2005 for discovering the issue, and clarifying that it was only the return address that needed fixing 💪

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 57 of 65
latest reply

I see that Elizabeth selected best answer,  my apologies. 

Message 58 of 65
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

C.

@sin-n-dex   Glad you figured that out ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 59 of 65
latest reply

Hello.

I am having the exact same issue. And it started Yesterday as well and is ongoing today. When trying to print a USPS label I get the same Error message: "It was not possible to generate label. Ship from Zip Code is Not Valid."

When I try to print a Fed Ex Ground Label it says "It was not possible to generate the label. Something is wrong. Please try again later."

My addresses and Zip Codes are Correct. It hasn't changed in years and I have been printing labels off eBay for years. 

I contacted eBay through phone and they told me it was a "site wide issue" that was opened 28(!) days ago that users are experiencing. Reading this thread, it doesn't seem to be a site wide issue and it's only affecting certain accounts. They suggested I use Pirate Ship in the time being, so I did that to get my shipments out. BUT they do not do Fed Ex labels on Pirate Ship, so I have no options to ship with Fed Ex and I have two Fed Ex orders that need to go out ASAP. 

Message 60 of 65
latest reply