cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't give me contact info

I gotta say first that selling on ebay is driving me nuts.  If I had time I'd make a list and vent.

But here's my latest

Buyer purchases 2 of my $495 items that needs the freight calculated and an invoice sent.  1st problem is I'm pretty sure she only wanted one...that happens a lot lately for some unexplainable reason, and second she's a new buyer that when she registered for ebay and she was typing in her info she put her email address in the line above city and state instead of her street address....I'm not joking.  I have sent her messages through ebay...no response.  She did however ebay message me 4 times asking how to purchase an add on item for the original purchase and that info is explained in the listing description (that no one reads anymore) saying that it is listed here on ebay if they would like to add it.

So I decide to call her with the number that comes up on her "send invoice" page.  The number is incorrect and some PO'd person gives me heck for calling.

So I go to the advance search to get user information.  Guess what?  They won't give me the info because the transaction isn't complete because the buyer hasn't paid yet.  Of course they can't pay because I haven't sent an invoice because I'm pretty sure there's an error in the order. 

So how long has ebay not let you get buyer info on a purchase that isn't "closed"  (their term) or is it for some other reason?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Won't give me contact info

If it were me I'd let the sleeping dog lay and cancel the sale due to incorrect address that way you'll recover your fees. You're chasing ballpark if they want both around $1400.00 and thats alot of paypal floating around and knowing you have a problem child right out of the chute...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Personally, I would cancel due to a problem with buyer's address and block the buyer.

Most sales thst have a lot of problems prior to payment, will have a lot more after.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

True, but the thing is at least 50% of buyers and questions are a problem. 

When did the contact info change?

No one reads descriptions or instructions how to order or even fill in their address FGS

You can't imagine how many people I have to talk through how to use ebay and how many question I have to answer are already answered in the description. 

Pretty sure the phone app is a big part of the problem because the description doesn't come up unless you click on the "description" icon that isn't easy to see

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@mixedbagmosaic wrote:

I gotta say first that selling on ebay is driving me nuts.  If I had time I'd make a list and vent.

But here's my latest

Buyer purchases 2 of my $495 items that needs the freight calculated and an invoice sent.  1st problem is I'm pretty sure she only wanted one...that happens a lot lately for some unexplainable reason, and second she's a new buyer that when she registered for ebay and she was typing in her info she put her email address in the line above city and state instead of her street address....I'm not joking.  I have sent her messages through ebay...no response.  She did however ebay message me 4 times asking how to purchase an add on item for the original purchase and that info is explained in the listing description (that no one reads anymore) saying that it is listed here on ebay if they would like to add it.

So I decide to call her with the number that comes up on her "send invoice" page.  The number is incorrect and some PO'd person gives me heck for calling.

So I go to the advance search to get user information.  Guess what?  They won't give me the info because the transaction isn't complete because the buyer hasn't paid yet.  Of course they can't pay because I haven't sent an invoice because I'm pretty sure there's an error in the order. 

So how long has ebay not let you get buyer info on a purchase that isn't "closed"  (their term) or is it for some other reason?

So you do have another email address for the buyer ..........

But the problems may outweigh the sale.

Just cancel, problem with buyers address and move on. Also make all your listing "immediate payment required". If its freight and your not willing or are unable to include the price up front, I wouldn't sell it here myself. Don't forget to block the buyer.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

BTW, anything this big and expensive to ship is just begging for a SNAD claim (which is why I assume you went from "Free shipping" to "Freight" shipping). I love your items, but I would never sell them here. Buyers know this and will squeeze you for partials or you'll pay for the whole return plus original shipping. Good Luck

Message 7 of 7
latest reply