cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongful suspension

Ebay wrongly suspended my selling privileges.  Upon appeal I was reinstated.  However, the auction that was active at the time of my suspenstion does not show as active.  How can I get the auction reinstated?  Since it was for a vehicle I've already been charged the listing fee, and don't feel like I should have to pay it again.  I had several active bidders and many others watching, and I need to let them know that I was wrongfully suspended and am now active again.  Is there any way to figure out why eBay wrongfully suspended me in the first place?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Wrongful suspension

What did the email say that they sent you?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

If you relist the vehicle you will be charged again. It is a non refundable fee.  
I wouldn't send your previous bidders a message like that. It is very unprofessional and quite frankly not their concern. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

eBay is doing a great job at losing sales. I guess they need to show a loss this year.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

You can't get it re-instated.  You will need to post it again.

You absolutely DO NOT need to notify buyers of your were suspended whether correctly or wrongly.  These are not personal transaction, they are all business transactions and should be treated as such.  This is not like you are conversing with friend and want them to be up to date on what is happening to you.  This is information that a seller should NOT share with their buyers.

The email you got from Ebay notifying you of your suspension should shed some light on why it happened.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

The email notifying me of my suspension gave no reason at all.  They did reinstate me, which allowed me to relist.  However they charged me a $19 fee again, they charged me an additional $19 yesterday for no reason.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

@phimenh-0 wrote:

Ebay wrongly suspended my selling privileges.  Upon appeal I was reinstated.  However, the auction that was active at the time of my suspenstion does not show as active.  How can I get the auction reinstated?  Since it was for a vehicle I've already been charged the listing fee, and don't feel like I should have to pay it again.  I had several active bidders and many others watching, and I need to let them know that I was wrongfully suspended and am now active again.  Is there any way to figure out why eBay wrongfully suspended me in the first place?

If you do not know why eBay suspended you, how do you know it was "wrongful"? 

The eBay user agreement says eBay can suspend you for any reason at their discretion, so technically there is no such thing as a "wrongful" suspension. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

@phimenh-0 wrote:

The email notifying me of my suspension gave no reason at all.  They did reinstate me, which allowed me to relist.  However they charged me a $19 fee again, they charged me an additional $19 yesterday for no reason.

@phimenh-0 

I see that you had two auctions for motorcycles which ended with buyers on Apr. 17. One of them was relisted on Apr. 22, and ended early on Apr. 24. Then, that one was relisted on Apr 25 and is currently active and receiving bids, due to end on May 2.

The eBay policy for vehicle listing fees does say that the package fee ($19 for lowest package) is charged when the listing is posted, and is not refundable. So you should have been charged 4 x $19 = $76 total.

You can contact eBay customer service and ask if they will give you a courtesy refund for the listing that was ended early. There's no way to request this online, because the fee is considered non-refundable, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/motors-fees?id=4127

lacemaker3_0-1714400280558.png

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

Ebay charged me on both 4/26 and 4/29, when they shouldn't have charged me either time.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

If you listed a vehicle for sale, they charge at the time of listing, so yes, they should have charged you.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

They charged me when I initially listed it.  Then they suspended me.  Then they reinstated me, then they charged me on 4/26, then they charged me on 4/29.  That's three charges for one auction.  The "ended early" is when they wrongfully suspended me, which they acknowledged when they reinstated me.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

How long was the auction set to run?  Being charged after you were reinstated sounds like par for the course, not that you might not get it refunded by CS, but the chances are slim.  The third charge could be if the auction renewed, maybe? Or there's something you haven't mentioned yet that would result in another charge.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

@phimenh-0 wrote:

They charged me when I initially listed it.  Then they suspended me.  Then they reinstated me, then they charged me on 4/26, then they charged me on 4/29.  That's three charges for one auction.  The "ended early" is when they wrongfully suspended me, which they acknowledged when they reinstated me.

You had 3 auction listings for one vehicle. I'm sorry, but there's a difference.

Since the policy is that the package fee is not refundable, that's what you should have been charged. You are charged each time you list the vehicle, whether it sells or not. You don't get to keep relisting a vehicle until it is sold without being charged again, and I don't think that you're entitled to a refund if the sale is not completed for some reason (the first listing), but you can ask about this too if you want.

As I said before, you can contact eBay customer service and ask if you can get a courtesy refund for the second listing, the one that eBay ended early (when they suspended your account). There's a reasonable argument that eBay interfered with the auction and prevented the sale by ending it early (and presumably cancelling any bids that might have been placed).

ListingStartEndComments
315284977412Apr 10, 2024Apr 17, 2024sold; then relisted
315314763937Apr 22, 2024Apr 24, 2024ended early by eBay (suspended); then relisted
315321363716Apr 25, 2024May 2, 2024

still active

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Wrongful suspension

@phimenh-0 

You need to contact Ebay directly to get the fees refunded.  You just need to calmly and politely explain what happened.

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 14
latest reply