cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok sellers do I have to eat this?

item was shown as delivered to my door but it was not there.

I looked around in the bushes etc....not there.

I have never had a package stolen off my porch before but I guess its possible 

so I paid for the item and don't have it and there is nothing I can do right?

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: ok sellers do I have to eat this?

Have you eliminated the possibility that the UPS delivered scan is the scan showing it handed over to your local post office? The zip code is most likely the same as yours. I'd insist my local PO take another look. 

The UPS rep. told me that UPS delivered it to my door....it was not handed off to the post office the way it normally should be when using SUREPOST.

its a big confusion that is for sure.

Message 91 of 108
latest reply

@pooh333piglet wrote:
I think you might have solved this. Maybe it was just the scan to the post office before delivery and will there shortly. Hopeful...

I am still hopeful but its been 3 days...That same day USPS left my dinosaur....

today I got another package ---from USPS ( a new battery for my dyson vacuum) 

not my missing item. 

Message 92 of 108
latest reply

call me crazy but I think it will show up
Message 93 of 108
latest reply

Or she was an entitled millenial

Message 94 of 108
latest reply

If I were a thief, I would take the small box thinking it has a phone or an expensive piece of jewelry.   The seller is not responsible. He probably thought that you were lying. I have had a few buyers tell me the same thing. I tell them to check with the carrier after asking the neighbors, looking in the bushes, etc. Go to Upsor call and ask them what the tracking number shows. Verify to see if it was delivered to 10 elm st. And not 10 elm road.   If this is what happened then it’s up to you to go to the other address and see if the person is willing to give it up.

i have a P.O. Box and I won’t buy from sellers that use ups. It’s not 100% Safe since the carrier can still put the item in the wrong mailbox but packages are much safer than the front porch.

Message 95 of 108
latest reply

You can’t win an insurance claim when tracking shows delivered. The seller is NOT responsible!

Message 96 of 108
latest reply

@def.a.posting.id 

Unfortunately, the recipient is responsible for having a secure place to leave parcels.

If you believe the parcel was stolen, or if your Postmaster tells you there have been problems with "porch pirates" you can ask to have all parcels Held at your post office.

Put a notice on your mailbox to that effect to help the carrier.

Message 97 of 108
latest reply

First check everyone who lives in your building including neighbors.  Then do as everyone said and bring the tracking to your postmaster to figure out.  Next:

Even though it's ups, the USPS deals with missing packages for all main deliverers.  Go to the post office's website and call their 1-800 number.  Call when they first open tomorrow.  Talk to the supervisor and tell them you want to file a complaint of not getting your pkg. And BE ANGRY LOUD on the phone!! It has worked for me before when I constantly got misdeliveries, late deliveries, etc.  They'll say someone will contact you from your local post office . If no one contacts you or you're still getting nowhere, file ANOTHER complaint!! Keep on them or it will keep happening to you.

Message 98 of 108
latest reply

While it is not the seller's fault, it is not your fault either.  The seller should be calling and filing whatever form needs to be filed.  If it is covered by insurance and the claim is accepted, the seller should refund you and wait for the money from the carrier.  IMO.  Even if not covered, the seller should be on the phone fighting for you.  I don't get the dismissive attitude.

Message 99 of 108
latest reply

You can’t win an insurance claim when tracking shows delivered.

That is not true.

Message 100 of 108
latest reply

@def.a.posting.id wrote:

in my neck of the woods USPS delivers amazon.

Maybe the postman took the other package.  The old "switcharoonie".  That's why I like having a security camera on the front porch. 

Message 101 of 108
latest reply

You have 30 days after it was "delivered" to complain to eBay.  The USPS & ups MAY still be able to get the pkg for you if it's been misdelivered AFTER you've filled your complaints with both USPS & ups.  If the pkg hasn't arrived in the last week before the 30-day deadline, CALL eBay to get your refund with your written USPS/ups evidence.  If it's a good seller and not just a hacked acct, you should wait to see what happens with USPS & ups.  Don't just fill out the eBay online refund form because INR's that show they've been "delivered" mean you will have trouble getting your refund unless you speak to someone in person on eBay. Good luck!!

Message 102 of 108
latest reply

I have an OCD where I have to wait for the mail (USPS) every day and any other service that I know has a package coming. No packages stolen if you wait for the delivery people all day 🙂
Message 103 of 108
latest reply

I generally work 3    12 hour shifts...

and my  boyfriend comes every one of those days to let my Princess out...

UPS shows delivery at 10:06 am he was here at 1:00 ish...

I get it...

Message 104 of 108
latest reply

jerry:

I think I am saying I don't have the option to wait for my deliveries...

I have not had a package taken off my porch in the 8 years I have been here.

but its definitely different  times eh?

Message 105 of 108
latest reply