cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start Seling

I am certified in eBay policies and eBay Academy and have a good understanding of selling on eBay. What else should I do before I start Seling?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

start Seling

Make sure you have boxes and packing on hand.  You also need tape to close boxes and clear tape to attack and protect labels.  Make sure your printer is working if you plan to print labels.  Start small.  List low value items and not too many.    Check and recheck your not mixing up packages and sending to the wrong buyers.   Make sure your scale is good to avoid extra shipping charges.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

start Seling

You would need to sign up with Payoneer and link it to your eBay account before you can sell. You will need to receive approval from eBay first.

Sell only items you have on hand.

Do not drop ship from places like Walmart, Amazon or Alibaba.

Read up on Prohibited and restricted items 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

start Seling

You are in Sri Lanka. 

All the social media videos you have seen about riches to be had on ebay and programs you can follow are lying to you.  Dropshipping from China always quickly falls apart, no one buys tea, you cannot import leaves or seeds to America. 

The competition on ebay from Sri Lanka is so fierce that it makes it basically impossible for anyone to succeed.  The very few sales are going to the sellers who are selling the items below cost and the Chinese dropshippers often don't even both shipping out orders from Sri Lankan dropshippers as they always get banned or quit before that first order should have even arrived in America.

If you can't find locally sources antiques or similar then there is no chance. 

There are only 4 sellers in the entire country of Sri Lanka who do more than 3 sales a day.  Which is important since the average profit on a sale from Sri Lanka is well under $1.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

start Seling

Register in Sri Lanka as a business
Get a Payoneer account.
Sign up for Managed Payments and attach your Payoneer account so you can be paid.
It'll take a few weeks to get everything approved.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply