cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replying to Older Questions

Why are there so very many old questions/posts that still linger on the various Boards?

If someone asked for help in October, 2022, they either got it and resolved the issue or are not around any longer.  Isn't Khoros in charge of deleting those? 

Then someone comes along today and replies to that 10/20/22 message or comes along and tags on with a problem of their own which doesn't get many answers because we think it's an old thread.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Replying to Older Questions

Best guess; they don't delete them because they "MIGHT" be still applicable to today.

I see this on other sites: The old posts are archived/searchable/open to replies, which in itself is fine, but you get some new person pulling up a post from 13 years ago and asking a question that is almost similar to what was covered/asked in the original post or title, their new post might be on page 2 or 3, then wondering why no reply or help. 

In this case for these community pages, as fast as things change, maybe there should be a limit on how long any string should be allowed to remain unlocked going by the original posting date. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@soh.maryl 

I just report them as old threads.  Khoros usually shuts them down.  As we both know some times people don't take the time to look at the date.  I reported one the other day that was 5 years old and the OP was naru. lol.  

Stay warm where ever you are! 😬

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Khoros usually responds promptly to reports of resurrected old threads, IF you report them during west coast business hours.  

There are almost no occasions where it's appropriate to revive an old thread, so IMHO they all should be locked automatically at one year old, if not sooner.

Resurrected old threads often include obsolete information about eBay policies or about shipping options, so they do far more harm than any potential good.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply