cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Ground

Does anybody know why FedEx Ground in currently not available on eBay?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: FedEx Ground

I had a fedex account at one time. I cancelled it because they would quote me one thing, then when it was delivered they would tack on $5-15 per package! Stating they were "residential charges" or if it was a new subdivision it would be a fee on top of the residential fee. We ship so much i don't have time to sit on the phone and complain to billing. Most times it was cheaper on ebay... I was using the fedex website with an account. They did have small perks, like, spend $300 get a $50 gift card... but you pay for that g/c in fees

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

I have a seperate account from my ebay, but the rates are a little higher, it is just for backup and to ship on a customer accounts when they  request overnight shipments  

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

I am having an issue with Home Delivery right now.  I have a 10lb item going cross country and I had multiple shipping options for the buyer to choose.   He chose the cheapest, Fedex Home Delivery, but that option is grayed out when I try to print the label.  The other Fedex options are 2 day and express which are well over $100.  Even USPS Priority is double what the buyer paid.

I just happened to sell a similar item about an hour ago and it's only going a few states away and I DID have Home Delivery as an option when I printed the label.

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

I called eBay today, and they said that Fedex has dropped their ground eBay option and gave eBay little notice. It does not work at all on my personal account, but my business account is still okay (for now). I expect Fedex ground to go away from eBay very soon! I asked if they were in negotiations, but the person didn't know. 

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

i called back today, the agent said they were working on the problem, no eta but it should be fixed in a couple days.... sounds to me like they don't have any idea what is going on...

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Wow I didn't realize this has been a problem since the 14th.  I noticed it on the 21st personally.  Pathetic there is no resolution and the problem is only getting worse.  I had to shut down my store in the meantime...

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

That would never happen. To drop the service that is used the most with no viable option will lose millions in a matter of days/weeks

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@yabe2u wrote:

That would never happen. To drop the service that is used the most with no viable option will lose millions in a matter of days/weeks

I would agree.  On a good month I easily spend $1000 on FedEx ground labels through eBay.  If I don't get that easy integration and discount I will start shopping around.  Last I knew UPS wanted my shipping business.

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I am also experiencing this issue and an eBay rep has told me to use the FedEx website to ship ground and write down the prices and order number from eBay and that they would reimburse me for the discount not received. I have this in writing but who knows if eBay will actually honor this. Both eBay and FedEx are acting like they have no clue what is going on but I'm not buying it. I am going to look into other shipping options other than FedEx and I suggest others do as well. 

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

So for the past few weeks i have been struggling to pay my ebay invoice.. Spending money on business expenses etc.. Today i paid the remaining $1k balance. went to ship the items that i was having problems with... and the option automatically appeared... coincidence? probably not...

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

Any update on this?  This is infuriating. I also noticed they're now charging the full 5$ direct signature charge even when you insure it for 500$ or more. DSR used to be free if the package was insured for over 500. This F-ing sucks. Almost all of my shipments go to business addresses, and many of those are worth over 500$. Between every package now being considered "home delivery" even when it's a business, and no more free signature, my cost of shipping just went up 10$ a pop.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@earthmark89 wrote:

Does anybody know why FedEx Ground in currently not available on eBay?

I believe that "FedEx Ground" is for commercial addresses only. "FedEx Home Delivery" is for residential deliveries. So if the computer determines it is a residence then it defaults to FedEx Home. I routinely see FedEx Home available to me.

Remember that both FedEx and UPS add an extra surcharge for residences so this may be how they control it..

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

And now we are told:

eBay teams up with UPS to offer new shipping options on its marketplace.

Does that mean they are dropping FedEx? Or will be have both?

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

FedEx Ground is not being removed from eBay labels.

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

Finally, someone that knows the correct answer!

Message 30 of 35
latest reply