cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Delays

I had 7 packages ship out on January 9th. They had no scans nor showed any movement until January 18th. USPS sent me a confirmation email stating they were picked up on the 9th & we had a video capture of the pick up as well. Anyone else experiencing similar problems? Here's a link to a local news story regarding the problem.        https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/candle-shop-owner-usps-mail-delays-houston/285-3a00f3d9-8d97...

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Mail Delays

So far all my items reach their intended destination without delays. Video proof is not reliable since they can be doctored example date and time stamps changed. 
As long as the tracking is showing movement its all good. 
I don't click on links sorry. 

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Why I don't have postal pickup.  I know the clerks at the PO quite well, if I have enough I bag it, hand it to them and ask them to scan when they find a moment.  You want make they move as very unlikely that eBay be able to dedicate staff to USPS problems when there are millions atop millions of sellers.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

I have no such issues.

Our regular carrier sometimes does not get the items into the postal stream for an extra day.

Our post office is a training center, and the subs are all trainees and still gung ho, while in training.

I've know other sellers who have had problems with their carrier and complained to their postmaster. Their problems usually increased and they took to visiting the PO to drop off their packages.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

No delays from southern California.

Only 1 parcel got trapped in the Houston area for about a week due the sort center problems. However, it was recently delivered. 

Hang tight, winter weather delays are a normal for this tiime of year. 🙏😎✌️

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I haven't sent anything in a while. (I only sell when I have accumulated stuff I want to get rid of AND have enough inclination to get off my butt and do it) but I have had  several delays recently RECEIVING items. As I am in Houston, it all seems to go through the affected Missouri City location now. 

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Yes, it may just be a problem here in Houston, both picking up & delivering. I've had a couple of incoming orders that hit the black hole in Missouri City. Sellers were understanding & either refunded or reshipped.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I found out  the  USPS employee's at  small PO's  don't take the time to scan parcel's  also   at the Large  PO's  if you drop off  they will not get  a scan  for  2 to 3  days  ,and rare case 12  days no scan and never left the PO.   As  a seller I built up where and who I need to contact by phone at FedEx ,USPS  and UPS  for  filing  package  issues .   in fact I have  Ebay rep's ask me for  carrier phone numbers to give other members  that have  lost  or delayed packages   .

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

One of the 1st things I do when items sell is to look at the Zip. I do that to see if I have to do a box resizing to save some $ on the shipping as sometimes that 4 oz increment bump on my smalls can hit the wallet.

Now my thing is to look to see if it is going to Texas. Cringe when I see a Texas Zip. Almost as much as when I see Miami😁

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Anything I don't have tracking on gets to Texas in 4-5 days. Its the tracking and scanning causing the problem.

Mail without tracking still going smoothly to Texas for me. And haven't lost anything this year or last year yet.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Yes, stamped envelopes seem to go through OK. Another posted thread gave me some helpful information. The sorting facility in North Houston was being swamped, so they opened the one in Missouri City. However, no sorting machines were installed, and packages are being sorted by hand!

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Yes I am seeing delays in some area's. Houston North Facilty is a mess. I mail package Jan 8th and it's been in Houston's North Facility since the Jan. 10th and has not moved. I filled out a find my package request with USPS. I receive a call today, She said my package is at North Houston but is just sitting there while they try to get there systems worked out. She suggest I watch channel 2 houston new to find out about what is happening. She also said maybe in a week my package would move. Hope ebay knows about these mail facility problems. I also sent a certified letter return receipt requested, sent it Jan 3rd and it's stuck in TN.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

The TN.  USPS    sorting  hub  has   delay issues    for none priority   mail parcels  going back to 2020  after   Dejoy's  took over .

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

Houston area seller, here.

We have over 50 packages stuck at the USPS Missouri City sorting plant since Jan 8th.  We continue to ship packages not knowing this delay is happening.  Some packages shipped after Jan 8th moved pass Missouri City, but not all of them, it is completely random.  We have no idea why some package shipped after Jan 8th made it through Missouri City and some didn't.  No use calling USPS, because those 50+ package went MIA were never scan at drop off.

We actually put our store on vacation, so we don't continue to ship products out not knowing if they'll get deliver.

We now have over a dozen "Requests" opened against our store.  This open requests is increasing daily as buyers are finding out their package went MIA.

Some of our customer are very understanding after they show the news via the links we provided, but most of them just want there stuff and/or their money back.  The problem is, once we issue a full refund, we know for sure the package will arrive the next day.

We have thousands of dollars stuck somewhere in USPS warehouse and we have not solution but to wait it out.

Sad.....

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Only trouble with Houston clearing center. Item sent the 5th and nothing except saying it will be late.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply