cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED ADVICE: USPS Mail Carrier lost 43 of my packages...

Yesterday I gave my regular USPS carrier 43 outgoing parcels.  He's my regular carrier and he's been on my route for the past sixth months...I've never had a problem with him before.  He's always been very friendly and I always take my boxes out to his van so he doesn't have to pick them up from the house.  

Fast forward to today.  When I checked on the tracking numbers for yesterday's shipments, I found that none of the 43 packages were scanned in as received by the carrier...so, I drove to the post office and talked to my carrier's supervisor.  She said that my carrier wasn't working today so she couldn't ask him what happened to the packages, but she did say that she remembers him bringing them into the building after his route was done late yesterday afternoon.  

The supervisor said that it could be that the carrier's scanner wasn't working correctly...but there hasn't been a single update to any of the 43 tracking numbers.  Typically they get scanned by the carrier, then again by the post office, and again when they get to the local sorting facility.  All three of those scans usually happen the same day I ship a package...but none of them have happened with any of these missing boxes.

I'm at a loss here.  I'm not sure what to do.  I don't want to blame my carrier, but it's his responsibility to scan the packages in as received and that wasn't done for any of the 43 boxes, which makes me very suspicious that he didn't scan any of them on purpose.  I really don't know what to do in this situation.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: NEED ADVICE: USPS Mail Carrier lost 43 of my packages...

Both.  

The only reason I started stressing in the first place is because one of my buyers started demanding that I cancel their order and give them a refund because they said I never shipped their item...which wasn't true.  I always ship out my items the very next business day.  

And I absolutely hate impatient buyers...especially the ones that demand same day shipping right after they purchased the item or the ones who hound you constantly about why the tracking isn't updating 10 minutes after you mailed something out.  Some buyers are just neurotic when it comes to shipping...

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: NEED ADVICE: USPS Mail Carrier lost 43 of my packages...

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Did you use Ebay or USPS.com to check for scans?

You cannot rely on Ebay to be up to date. It can fail to be updated for days while USPS.com may be behaving properly.

USPS.com tracking can be delayed up to 24 hours. I see it all the time.

eBay tracking can be delayed up to 24 hours from when it populates on USPS.

Recently eBay tracking synching with USPS has been spotty. I've had several packages delivered to buyers on USPS that have not reflected delivery on eBay and other sellers have reported the same. Something is going on there. I've seen it with my packages since ... December? And as recently as the last 2 weeks.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply