cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning UPS says ebay requested a package returned while enroute to buyer

New one on me, but shipped a package to TX from MO, 1st scanned said "business closed" except it was a resident not a biz, 2 hours later its scanned "sender requested return of package". I called UPS, which I had to request Tech support because there was no way to talk to customer service and they sent me over. UPS couldn't reroute the package back, because it was a ebay UPS account, I couldn't even do anything off my UPS account because I didn't purchase the label thru UPS, told me to call ebay.  I called ebay and according to them, we can't nor can ebay request to return a package(while en-route) unless a case is open, so who requested to return the package, it never even reached my buyer.

Ebay open a ticket and a shipping dispute with UPS, not holding my breathe on that. UPS is accusing either me, my buyer or Ebay requested the return yet they couldn't provide proof who requested the return. 

Guess I"m out the shipping and a mad buyer.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Warning UPS says ebay requested a package returned while enroute to buyer

Huge thanks for this.  I rather pay for the return.  And get my item back.  Rather than giving my stuff away.  

My humble opinion.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I believe the UPS made a mistake.

Buyer might have requested return and they put an incorrect scan on it.

But it's all assumption. I don't think eBay had anything to do with it and if you say you didn't then that leaves me with suspecting something is going on with the UPS and buyer.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

My guess too, the buyer wrote me about not having a biz address, UPS didn't make a 2nd attempt just scanned "sender requested return". The buyer is being really nice about it and still wants the item. I called and chatted on FB with UPS requesting proof of the return request but said they can't provide it. Really? you have no record, so I'm pretty sure they just did it, just don't know why.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Well I got screwed, UPS won't do anything and ebay won't back it, so if you ship thru UPS, you have no protections

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Well, if you get the package back you're not totally screwed, you're just out the shipping cost. If you don't get the package back, then you're well and truly screwed.

But thanks for the reminder that I need to use shipstation for UPS/FEDEX - the rates are the same for me as on eBay and are directly connected with my own accounts for issues like this.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Yea the package came back and the buyer bought it again, last chance for UPS. I'm out $8 but the was my profit. I also got an email from a "Deb Nahvi" sr manager shipping experience" from ebay but was sent from "slack", never hear of them.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

from ebay but was sent from "slack", never hear of them. 

Salt Lake City.

What @tsme35 did that email say?

Sounded like another impersonation of @ship_like_a_pro the UPS account owner at eBay, but there wasn't any upside here.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

She was legit, got a message in the community from her.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

UPS says ebay requested a package returned while enroute to buyer

UPS is accusing either me, my buyer or Ebay requested the return yet they couldn't provide proof who requested the return. 

Perhaps see here for the details.

@ship_like_a_pro wrote:

I am Nate Heyward, and do work at eBay, but certainly have not been requesting package re-routes. I will work with FedEx on this example and the others in posts linked to this thread. Our eBay FedEx account, of which I am the account owner, is not supposed to allow package re-routes, so will work with FedEx to make sure this gets addressed asap.

~Nate 

Those were several impersonations @tsme35 posing as Nate to reroute eBay packages at FedEx.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I read the thread, the weird thing is it wasn't routed to someone else, it just said "sender requested return" and I got it back. The problem is I was on the phone with UPS telling them I did not request it, verified I was the sender and to route it back to the buyer and they told me they couldn't. I really think it was LAZY UPS driver that didn't want to take it back out or get in trouble for trying to deliver to the wrong address

Message 11 of 11
latest reply