cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticity Guarantee

I’m really disappointed (pretty ticked off) regarding the sportscard “Authenticity Guarantee” program! I recently purchased a nice PC auto for $650.00 that was sealed with sticker from the group breakers it was hit by in a “one touch” magnetic case and eBay took the holder, kept it and sent my card in a “card saver” sleeve!!!!! And on top of that shipping took about a week longer than the original shipping delivery date. The seller nor I had any idea this was happening and both of us are ticked about it. 
I don’t need someone to check the authenticity of a card I am purchasing and the one of the selling points for me as well as many other collectors is the thrill of receiving a high end card sealed in a mag holder after it was pulled from the hobby box or pack and placed into it and no one else gets there grubby fingers on it.

🤦‍♂️ 😠 I’ve been collecting buying selling for over 30 years and this irritates me. Driving me more and more towards other platforms.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Authenticity Guarantee

Next year by all means go to the National and the booth that EBAY has there and light into them ! There should be a box for buyer to choose for Authentication.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Authenticity Guarantee

The same here. I have some Jameis Winston Flawless emerald rookie auto /5 bgs 9, and the ruby red rookie auto /15 ... I also dont have the reputation that is required and im too scared of being scammed by sending something so valuable to a stranger... esp if its over 2k

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Authenticity Guarantee

I think its pretty stupid to make the seller send the card to be Authenticated to company that graded it or anywhere for that matter.  A card that has been graded is encased with security features.  Who's paying for this?  Who's paying for the extra shipping?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Authenticity Guarantee

I have a Hank Aaron and Robin yount signed baseball.in mint condition what should I ask for.it

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Authenticity Guarantee

The buyer pays for it with the purchase. I agree, it is unnecessary for items already Graded/Authenticated. I believe "THEY" automatically throw on the additional shipping and authenticating expense for items over $250 in value. They want a cut of the money. 

Does it make sense to put items at $245 and the balance on shipping costs to avoid the "Authentication Guarantee" ???  LOL  Just blabbing out loud.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply