cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Forever Stamps good for anything besides postage?

I acquired a small collection from someone in Canada, and discovered a few of the stamp sheets were USA stamps. (Being in Canada there's little use for those, but I ship from New York, so I can use the stamps to mail stuff).

One of the sheets was Hot Wheels, I think another had a couple trains on it and gold foil, forget what the third was... they were full sheets in mint condition.

Does this have any value to sell above what the postage value is? (64 cents times 20 I presume, or however many stamps). Or should I just use them as postage? I'm sure someone buying stamps from me would appreciate one of these stamps to mail their package.

C.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@sin-n-dex 

The current value for USPS Forever stamps is 68 cents (USD) each; but that will very likely increase later this year, and/or earlier in 2025.

Since the prices on Forever stamps don't decrease, you might be better off just using these for your own American mailings.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@1786davycrockett wrote:

@sin-n-dex 

The current value for USPS Forever stamps is 68 cents (USD) each; but that will very likely increase later this year, and/or earlier in 2025.

Since the prices on Forever stamps don't decrease, you might be better off just using these for your own American mailings.

Oh, I pay 64 cents for ESE, I guess it's discounted on eBay.

Good to know they are best used as postage, I think the customers will like it (although I lose the advantage of ESE tracking).

C.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I know I like having stamps on packages, tracking is nice, to see where it has been and went, I have had several packages end up in a different state delivered to the post office and then go back to the sorting plant then to me.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply