cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help identify this Very Rare vintage/antique US Soldier Kewpie Style Doll Figure -Thank you!!

It says Atta Boy on the bottom sticker along with American Bisque Doll Co.

I think he's from 1920s WWI soldier, however could possibly be 1940s WWII soldier. He is 13" tall, very lightweight, possibly Carnival Ware Chalkware. I have only see a couple others like him online with very little information. I am ready to list him now but don't know his value. I understand that I can do an auction, but often times auctions sell lower than Buy It Now, depending on who happens to be looking at the time.  He's super cute.

Thanks so much for your time, and information to come!!IMG_8563.jpgIMG_8572.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please help identify this Very Rare vintage/antique US Soldier Kewpie Style Doll Figure -Thank you!!

Atta Boy american bisque doll company - Google Search

One sold on Etsy for $239.   

"Please help identify this"

You have the name and manufacturer so any further identification is redundant. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Atta Boy american bisque doll company - Google Search

One sold on Etsy for $239.   

"Please help identify this"

You have the name and manufacturer so any further identification is redundant. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Awesome! Thanks so much toysaver, I really appreciate your reply and the good info.

Sincerely,

Rebekah

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@rap17fun,

Your Bisque doll was made out of that material.  The American Bisque Doll company was only around for 2 years 1919 - 1921 so your doll is likely a representation of a WWI Dough Doy soldier.

For future reference about modern/vintage/antique dolls of all kinds you can use the Link below.

www.dollreference.com

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your message and information! I am very happy to know that he is a 1920 WWI US Doughboy Soldier, rather than WWII like other listings describe. I appreciate your link too.

Sincerely,

Rebekah

Message 5 of 5
latest reply