cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay prohibits me from listing a vintage U.S. Military bayonet BUT There are over 40 now listed?

When I tried to list a vintage "U.S. M6 Aerial Bayonet", the listing was blocked because it is a prohibited item?

There are over 40 US bayonets now listed for sale on Ebay.  Some listed with these exact words in their title.  There are also well over 80 completed sales of very similar Bayonets.  I checked the description of prohibited firearm items and it never mentions bayonets.  Why is this happening?????

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay prohibits me from listing a vintage U.S. Military bayonet BUT There are over 40 now listed?

The same thing happened to me when I tried listing an empty WWII shell.   I changed the words and the same thing happened while others had sales.   The only thing I could think was that someone reported me.  It is absolutely not fair.   You could always call about it to get some answers or report people to get some revenge.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@oldpyz, @yng1998   We see this kind of thing on a regular basis.  Restricted items being caught at the time of listing BUT other like items Active and for sale on eBay.  The Firearms policy is below but the "M6" may have triggered the eBay system to flag the item or newer programming picks off items considered to be accessories.

The other thing that can happen is those other listings "could" be taken down at the time of purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/firearms-accessories-policy?id=4277&s...

I had a vintage Hubley toy cap gun taken down in less than an hour once even though it physically complied with policy AND there were many others (identical) for sale ... go figure, huh!?! 

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Make sure your listing doesn't include shipping to restricted countries.  A knife can not be shipped to some countries

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I had a similar experience when trying to list a knife with a bone handle. EBay prohibits listing whale bone, ivory, etc (endangered species, essentially). But there were / are plenty of listings with bone in the description / title. I eventually figured out it was one of the Item Specifics that was triggering the rejection. You have to go through those with a fine tooth comb. It also helped switching from my phone to my computer to complete the listing. I made sure to specify everywhere I could that it was deer bone. Eventually, it went through. And sold!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Same here! I think they are going woke like Bud Light!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply