cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch info help, PLEASE

I have this HEAVY watch and haven't found out much about the brand.  I am a novice with watches. I have been scouring the internet for information and find the movement but not much else. The face is marked LA MONTRE (which translated literally means "The Watch") Automatic 10ATM, back is a skeleton (?) style- open to workings (pretty cool!) marked BTC 25 Jewels SWISS MADE and the edge has ETA VALJOUX 7750 which I have found out is a quality movement. Any info or guidance for additional research or sites to check out would be very appreciated. Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me. Thank you!what does BTC stand for?what does BTC stand for?Is La Montre a good brand?Is La Montre a good brand?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Watch info help, PLEASE

Watch info help, PLEASE

Now that you have the BTC - BEGUELIN & Co S.A. DAMAS Tramelan the next thing is to identify the quality or version of the ETA VALJOUX (Design) movement. As the data shows many companies used the movement and now the value will depend on the exact 7750 version you have. Watch forums are your best bet... good luck... 

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

Thank you YATERBOB! I will try that. It says 25 jewels that i can see through the back window,  but I'm afraid to mess with it. I may have to wait and take it to a watch shop/jeweler. I've looked for the BTC but haven't found an actual watch that looks like this. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

I didn’t mean to doo anything to the watch determine the quality. The design screw placement and other features will tell the story. Look at other Valjoux ETA movements in other Chronographs and that will lead you closer. Or find an ETA forum... ir a DAMAS forum...
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

Yes, I understood that. I thought you meant open the back and look at the movement. Way beyond my knowledge. I know better than to do that, just don't know how to compare it to others. I can't find pictures of their watches other than old DAMAS ones. This looks newer -ish to me. Still looking though...thanks again! 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

The design of the bridge, the size of the movement. It’s detailed but possible. Take more images with the rotor turned to see more parts and I’ll see what I can do. Email them to me... yaterbob@aol.com

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

Just turn the watch to move the rotor a bit.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

This is good site to learn a about the movement.. 

https://calibercorner.com/eta-valjoux-caliber-7750/

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

The only place I can find that brand for sale is on South African auction sites .
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

Brand is everywhere I’ve seen many, Hamilton Khaki used the chronometer and Baum Mercier and Swatch to name a few 

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

La Montre brand ?
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

That is the Model,  not brand, maker or brand is BTC 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Watch info help, PLEASE

The movement is marked BTC . I don't think it's the BTC you're thinking of . They sold Bitcoin special editions with that movement , apparently it refers to BTC/Bitcoin . Search "HOROLOTECH Valjoux 7750" . One poster on Watchuseek forum says he knew of a distributor of this watch who would put whatever brand on the face for a fee .
Message 15 of 23
latest reply