cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The logic on buy it now auto-relisting doesn't make sense

So after reading a bunch of threads and inferring from my account's consumed free listings widget, it seems like every GTC (Good Til' Cancelled) Listing will consume from this 250 free listings meter.

What's not clear to me is how this would work if I make 250 new listings and some time after, my GTC listings attempt to renew. Does it ask me to confirm the relist? Or does it auto relist and charge me for going over the 250 threshold? This seems rather convoluted and if the latter were true, can someone refer me to policy or documentation?

Moreover, what do folks do to solve for this issue? As is, it's almost untenable for me to continue using eBay given my expected volume of listings versus sell-thru over time.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

The logic on buy it now auto-relisting doesn't make sense

@iamflippyp wrote:

What's not clear to me is how this would work if I make 250 new listings and some time after, my GTC listings attempt to renew. Does it ask me to confirm the relist? Or does it auto relist and charge me for going over the 250 threshold? This seems rather convoluted and if the latter were true, can someone refer me to policy or documentation?

It does not ask you to "confirm" the relist. The GTC listing will auto-renew, and it will use up one of your free-insertion-fees (if available), or you will be charged the insertion fees if you don't have any free ones available. Here's the policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822#section1

lacemaker3_0-1714005883590.png

Sellers need to monitor and be aware of how many listings they have active, and plan their new listings accordingly. If you want to have more listings active, then  you can consider whether subscribing to a store to get more free listings would make more sense than just paying the insertion fees.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply