cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody write ebay guides?

If so, are your guides still found with google or other browser searches.  my guides disappeared from google searches a few weeks ago.  they were the first pop up on a google search.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I just got the answer from ebay.  Ebay is discontinuing user guides and have been pulling them out of browser searches.  they suggest my guides be moved to a web-hosting service.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@md1919wrote:

If so, are your guides still found with google or other browser searches.  my guides disappeared from google searches a few weeks ago.  they were the first pop up on a google search.

Your profile shows "0 Guides0 Guides"

Have you checked here-

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574933636&toolid=10001&campid=533...

or here-

http://www.ebay.com/gds

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

yes, I know they are available through ebay but no longer through internet search engines.  that is how most people would find them.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@md1919wrote:

yes, I know they are available through ebay but no longer through internet search engines.  that is how most people would find them.

Where? Ebay says you have 0 guides. If you do, then ebay is wrong. Can you link to your guide? I would very much like to read it.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

my profile shows the three guides I have written. the link in your previous post shows all three.   I can get to them through ebay but browser searches can't find them. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Seems to me that if the goal was to find them in search engines then it could be arranged.

For example if the threads are on Google search results (and I believe they are) then maybe a mention or two WITHIN THESE THREADS with the guides title (with a link to the guide) would be included in search engine results. One way to mention it without a lot of effort is thru your ebay board signature, if they are crawled by Googles spiders. May take some experimentation to see what works and what doesn't, but I suspect it could be done.

Theres more more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@md1919wrote:

my profile shows the three guides I have written. the link in your previous post shows all three.   I can get to them through ebay but browser searches can't find them. 

Your profile is showing one guide as of this moment , March 11.

Earlier today,  ebay showed no guides for you. Maybe it's showing 3 guides to you but just one guide to others. I was trying to troubleshoot for you. Maybe someone else here could confirm that?

Earlier:

no guides.JPG

Now your profile is showing one guide-

gd.JPGcd2.JPG

When I typed your exact guide title -

Camille Naudot porcelains-misidentification into DuckDuckGo, and Google, your guide is the first listing..

So if you have 3 guides showing to you but only one showing on ebay, sounds like 2 are missing in action.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/md1919

I read the one guide you published and enjoyed and learned from it.

Thanks. Good luck.

ON VACATION
GONE FISHING
BACK AT 6
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I just got the answer from ebay.  Ebay is discontinuing user guides and have been pulling them out of browser searches.  they suggest my guides be moved to a web-hosting service.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@md1919wrote:

You should choose that as the "answer" to your question in case anyone searches these forums with the same question.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@md1919 wrote:

The only slight reserve I would have is that it isn't unknown for eBay customer service representatives to come up with plausible-sounding explanations just to satisfy callers and get them off the line...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

the info came from an ebay message, not from the help boards

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I just got the official email from ebay today, as did another person I know who has written guides.

"Ebay is discontinuing guides as of April, and suggests you move your guides to another server if you wish to save them."

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@all_fakes wrote:

I just got the official email from ebay today, as did another person I know who has written guides.

"Ebay is discontinuing guides as of April, and suggests you move your guides to another server if you wish to save them."

Yup, got that notice yesterday in the AM.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Yep.  It is really frustrating.  I spent alot of time writing an extensive guide and have links to the guide in all of my listings. So far I have had over 3500 visitors.  As suggested by Ebay, I moved parts of the guide to a blog with links back to Ebay, but soon discovered that Ebay does not allow link to the blog in my listings.  Infuriating. 

Mary
Message 15 of 15
latest reply