cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

Give your fellow collectors a helping hand  ...  share your favorite sites here!  The ones that help you learn about and identify what you have.

Here are a few of the ones I use.

Flipping Treasure's Image Event site   

CJCI - Costume Jewelry Collectors International

Morning Glory Antiques & Jewelry

Gem Hut - Gemstone Types

Please feel free to add your own below.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

@flipping_treasures Let's thank Sandy for putting this together so we all can contribute. 

Don't overlook reference books and magazines and most books can be found at Antique malls for sale at reduced prices. A good gem stone book is valuable for viewing and researching,  a must.

A magazine that I subscribe to ( for years) is Kovals Antique trader. Every month they focus on a different costume jewelry line and all the information and artists included. This past month was Fruit salad jewelry.  This magazine is now being produced in color and makes it spectacular I think! I also write on the front of the cover which jewelry line they have in that particular issue and file it.

16931554677898781297334955966620.jpg

 Also, if you visit an older antique mom & pop store, sometimes they'll sell you their older reference books for pennies on the dollar.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

These sites will help with iding D&E (Juliana) jewelry.

Is it Juliana Jewelry?

Not D and E - ImageEvent

And if you want to do a study of D&E you might want to do some studying.

D&E Training Albums - ImageEvent

If you want some first-hand knowledge of Schreiner Jewelry you might want to read through this thread.  Please, understand that although Stephen is more than happy to answer questions, please don't overwhelm asking if something is Schreiner WITHOUT READING the things he has written to help identify Schreiner Jewelry.  TIA

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post - The eBay Community

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

Here is a great site for silver markings both American and Internationally.

Online Encyclopedia of Silver Marks, Hallmarks & Makers' Marks (925-1000.com)

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

https://www.sheebamagazine.com/articles/fashionstyle/tips-to-outfitting-yourself-with-vintage-costum...

I thought this was a good guest post and decided to post it here. Of course there is a link to my ebay store in the article.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

1000001812.jpg

 this mark comes up a ton, and I've answered it a ton. It is Carol Felley a Southwestern artist.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

This mark has stumped us forever and poster oldcrowsnest found it.

1000001904.jpg

 so I'm adding this

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

@flipping_treasures 

Sandy, ran across this hangtag while pricing...thought I would add.

20240314_090112.jpg

 very pretty but boy does it tangle up!

17104323654616711799128045197430.jpg

 extremely nice crystals!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

Thank you Silver.  Sorry I'm late to this.  Currently, I am so far behind in everything.  I will ad this in a day or two as I try and get back in the swing of things.  Thanks again. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

THE JEWELRY ADVISOR

Got it, thanks again.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply