cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you call this adornment?

I found an item in my junk jewelry box that might not be junk. It appears to be some sort of something that may have been worn at graduation (or functions?) by a student who was on the ASB (Associated Student Body) Supreme Court. Judging from the monogram/date on the back of the key, the student served during 1954-1955... when Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) was named Middle Tennessee State College.

The piece is 28" long (at its longest), but will shorten to 16 1/8", thanks to the pulley mechanism near the top ring. The top ring opens... so I've shown one photo with the piece 'fastened', but I have no idea if it's supposed to be worn this way, or if the hook and 'D' shaped pieces are designed to fasten to other item(s)... like clothing... or a pocket watch or the like.

I don't know jewelry, but can tell you that a magnet sticks to nothing except some metal inside the small piece on the flat side of the 'D'-shaped section where it fastens to the chain. I see no markings of metal content, but there is a small copyright symbol on the key, which appears to be followed by the markings "M2010R".

If you can, please help a tomboy out... I thank you in advance for any and all ideas, information and best guesses. 😉

100_1851.JPG

100_1850.JPG

100_1848.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It looks like some type of watch chain to me.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi, it is similar to the listing below which is an antique pocket watch adjustable chatelaine chain. Might help direct you to a more exacting example. Good luck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170007649

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Think both girls got it right but don't be looking up at M2010R,  that leads ya to some weapons and powerful ones!!!Yikes!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply