cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change email address for several years now

User here whose primary account is over 20 years old.

The email attached to this account belongs to a personal domain.  I am not going to be renewing this domain in 3 months.  I don't use it for anything anymore so there's no need to spend money on this.  So the email will be going away.

My primary email address is a Yahoo account.  If any of you remember, many many years ago you could not use a Yahoo/Hotmail/etc address.  It was also used for my Half.com account.  After eBay purchased them, those accounts were copied over so it has a username of <my-user>-half and a rating of like 7 or something.  It has not been used for any transactions in many years.

Also at some point I must have logged in with the Google option, so the Gmail address used on my Android phones is also taken.  This account has no transactions.

I have requested that both the Yahoo & Gmail associated accounts be deleted.  Many many times over the last several years.  I have not logged into them, except to request that they again be deleted 6+ months later. 

Any suggestions for what to do at this point?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Each eBay account needs a unique email address, so if your existing email addresses are already associated with eBay accounts, you may need to register a new email address for the account with the email address that is going away.

You may be able to set up incoming mail to your new email address to be forwarded to another address, so you do not have to check multiple inboxes to see all your mail.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@jhughe90 

I believe the advice @eburtonlab   gave you is solid.  I would just also suggest contacting eBay support through the Ebay for Business Facebook page.  Send a private message, do not make a general post.  I believe they will help you.  The link is https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I didn't mention that I contacted eBay about this issue years ago.  They said that after an account was deactivated/deleted, that the email address could be reused.  I believe the timeframe was 60 or 90 days.  That is what I have been trying to do for a very long time. 

I am not creating and monitoring or forwarding another new email address just to use with one website.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

They said that after an account was deactivated/deleted, that the email address could be reused. I believe the timeframe was 60 or 90 days.

If it has been longer than that and you are still not able to use that email address, then you will likely have to use a different email address or else stick with the old email address. Those appear to be your only choices if  you want to keep using eBay.

I am not creating and monitoring or forwarding another new email address just to use with one website.

Registering a new free email address can be done online in as little as a minute. Setting up forwarding to another email address may take a bit more time to organize, depending on which email service you choose and how you want to do it. Whether you want to do that or monitor that email address directly is entirely up to you.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My email address is microsoft outlook which no longer works. How do I change it on ebay?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@bkymg 

Go here to enter a new address by using the edit option associated with your "Contact info":

https://accountsettings.ebay.com/profile

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply