cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 Day Watch Returns Top Rated

Does ebay still have a 14 day watch return policy and keep top rated seller status? 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You can use 14-Day Returns in certain categories. Your choice won't affect TRS. (I don't see TRS+) Here's the link... good luck.

Setting up your return policy | eBay

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

That is what I thought. But I just went through all of my active listings and every piece of jewelry / watch that I offer FREE 14 day returns on does NOT have the top rated seller badge, while all of my other listings in other categories that I offer FREE 30 day returns on DOES have the top rated seller badge. So something is wrong. Somebody even returned a broken watch to me today that I offered 14 day free returns on and I could not deduct a percentage from the total because apparently the listing was not top rated.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I read that list before I posed the question and I figured either that list is outdated, or the site is glitched. Because every listing I offer free 30-day returns on is top rated plus but every jewelry / watch listing that I offer free 14-day returns on does not have any top rated badges. And I know I am not getting any benefits because the fees are higher than they should be and I cannot deduct a percentage off the price for a watch return.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You can have exceptions in those categories and still get the discount for Top Rated Plus (Top Rated alone doesn't show a per-listing badge or anything), but you won't get the badge in those cases.  It's right on that help page.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Not getting the top rated benefits on watches for 14 day returns. I bulk edited to 30 day returns and benefits returned. I guess I missed the ebay update where 14 day returns on watches no longer carry top rated benefits.

I will just do 30 day returns and problem solved.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@kept2long 

In some product categories, we'll extend the discount benefit (but not the seal) even if you don't offer 30-day free returns.

• In Jewelry & Watches, and most Collectibles & Art categories, you need to offer 14-day free returns

It also says returns aren't required at all in the category of wristwatches which seems to be contradictory.

Maybe someone can clarify that?

More info and source:

The return policy that's required to earn TRS+ discount depends on the category the item is in. Free returns are not required in all categories to qualify for the TRS + discount benefit.

Sellers should actually read the policy so they can choose the best return policy for their items.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347

Specifically see the section on eBay Top Rated Plus requirements and benefits and expand the part where it says "See the full list of circumstances where the discount benefit applies."  Some categories don't require returns to be offered at all to receive the discount.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The return policies options are as follows.

1. No Returns
  2. 30 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  3. 60 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  4. 30 day returns w/ seller pays shipping, AKA Free Returns
  5. 60 day returns w/ seller pays shipping. AKA Free Returns
  6. 14 Day returns in certain categories

With option number 1, No Returns the seller can completely deny taking a return for a Buyer's Remorse Return Request.  Or if they want to, they can accept the return and have the buyer pay the return shipping.  If the seller so chooses, they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer.

On options 2 & 3 the buyer is responsible for the return shipping on a Buyer's Remorse Return.  Plus, if the seller so chooses, they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer. As of October 1st 2019, sellers that are TRS have some additional protections as well as they can issue partial refunds if they use options 4 or 5 as their return policy.

On options 4 & 5 above, they are also known as Free Returns.  If a seller that has either of those policies, they will pay the return shipping even on a buyer's remorse return.  A seller can withhold the original shipping value from the refund if the shipping was separately stated in the listing [not free shipping].  Also, Seller’s offering options 4 or 5 have the ability to do partial refunds in certain cases if the item arrives back damaged, missing something or in a condition less than what it was sent to the buyer in, see the policy for more details, the link is below.  In the cases where a deduction in the refund is taken due to damage or other authorized reasons for a partial refund, Ebay will protect the seller from negative or neutral feedback.

ALL OPTIONS [1, 2, 3, 4 and 5] are required to process SNAD claims without exception.  Even if they are improperly filed and should have been a Buyer’s Remorse claim.

All return policies by sellers must meet or exceed what is stated in the Money Back Guarantee Policy!

14 day return policies are allowed in certain categories: Jewelry & Watches, Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

For those with Free Return and/or TRS members with 30 day return policies, there are some added protection benefits, one of which is the ability to do a discounted refund under certain conditions.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 9
latest reply