cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Offers, only one showaing as accepted

One buyer sent 5 offers, I accepted 3. One shows as awaiting payment under my orders, the other 2 do not, but they look like this under the offer screen '.  Notice they say  both I sent a counter offer AND awaiting payment.  I didn't send a counter offer. I accepted these offers.   Any one understand this?  Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out AGAIN!

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 20-06-47 Ladies Carhartt 12 Regular Slim Fit Jeans in great shape - manage offers eBay.pngScreenshot 2024-04-29 at 06-33-46 Vintage Gibson Greetings EASTER BUNNY Candy Dish NOS - manage offers eBay.png

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I didn't send a counter offer. I accepted these offers. 

@anasazirose 

A couple of months ago,  when a BUYER sent an offer, and the SELLER accepted, eBay renamed the process on the seller side to "You Sent an Offer".   Instead of the buyer seeing that their offer was accepted, they got a notice "You Have an Offer" which was unusual and seemed unrelated to the offer the buyer made.    

This caused nothing but confusion since buyers no longer got notice that their offer was accepted (even if it was), and sellers were confused since they had accepted and the transaction just seemed to "not exist".  THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BUYER REQUIREMENT a seller may have retained that eBay set to a default of YES to require a payment source from the buyer in order to make offers at all.  That requirement was related to the auto-pay feature, and not affecting this renaming of a buyer generated offer and the general confusion that ensued.  

Any questions sent to eBay staff here about this problem were ignored repeatedly. What we learned about this was from other members,  sharing experiences and screen shots such as you have posted here.  Thank you for taking the time as well. 

Since we haven't heard much about this problem for a few weeks, I figured eBay was done tinkering with this process.  Apparently, not. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@anasazirose 

I forgot to add, that during the time eBay was "renaming"  offers you accepted to "You sent an offer"....the notice the buyer "You have an offer" was one of two types.  One allowed the buyer to accept and proceed as normal, the other did not have an accept button, and the buyer was required to pay (individually) for these without the opportunity to combine items or request an invoice.   Which of these the buyer received was random, and the same buyer could get both kinds from the same seller during the same session.  Thus, out of five offers, it could be that some would show up as "awaiting payment" while others sat there requiring the buyer to pay or they would not get the item EVEN THOUGH YOU ACCEPTED THEIR OFFER in the first place. 

I know this sounds confusing, it was confusing to everyone.  If you would like, I may have some links to those old threads. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yep, this is still happening.  It seemed to go away for a while, but just had that happen a few days ago.

I accepted an offer from buyer #1 and it still remained active.  Buyer #2 came in and bought / paid for the item. 

A few days later,  buyer #1 inquired about the item and why they couldn't pay for it... it kept looping them to the item sold page when they were trying to pay.  They had no idea what happened.

When is Ebay going to address this so that buyers / sellers can be on the same page about this?  Ugh.  We need a clear / written policy please.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

When is Ebay going to address this so that buyers / sellers can be on the same page about this?

@jjddmwi 

You can "at" tag the board blues (eBay members that occasionally post here) and see if they will talk about it. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

Yes, I believe it was just some sort of new feature that eBay was testing.  I have not had any send offers to potential buyers who basically just looked at my items, but didn't actually put the items on their watchlist.  

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I have not had any send offers to potential buyers who basically just looked at my items,

@ckimodog 

eBay announced in the last seller update that all SELLER GENERATED offers were soon to be Immediate Payment Required.  That would mean that (since you don't know) if a buyer got three of your offers that you sent as a seller, they would have to pay for them individually if they wanted the products with no opportunity to combine.   

In this case, the OP @anasazirose is speaking about BUYER GENERATED offers that were accepted by the seller.   The OP does not require immediate payment or (auto-pay) requirements for buyers that make offers, and though THREE were accepted, only one is showing 'awaiting payment".   

I am assuming a recent issue is 'rearing its ugly head' once again, where the two (apparently missing) accepted offers were likely NOT showing as accepted on the buyer's side. Instead they got some sort of "You have an offer" screen with no accept button, but directed to check out. 

The day is still early...LOL...

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

Thanks for clearing that up and yes, the day is still early. lol 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I suppose I will contact the buyer and sort this out so ebay can get their commission...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I went to contact buyer, she had already asked for an invoice, I can't even do that, because the items she got are still showing as active.  This really needs fixed.  I'll message buyer ask her to pay and I'll refund the overage in shipping.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

UPDATE, when I said I didn't send offers, I should have said, I sent offers to watchers.  One person countered all 5, I accepted 3 of the counter offers.  1 went straight to awaiting payment, 2 did this weird limbo thing.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Here are all 3 screenshots in case someone from ebay needs more information, the jeans and bunny dish should be listed with the trinket box.  There is no option to send an invoice for the 2 items still stuck in 'manage offers'.  I didn't get a notification/message that the counter offer was accepted, nor am I able to send or combine an invoice form the 'manage offers' area.  The send invoice screen from the 1 item that shows up as awaiting payment doesn't in any way reflect the other 2 purchases by the same buyer.  The jeans and bunny dish are still active listings, while showing as awaiting payment in the 'manage offers' area.Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 20-07-40 copys — eBay Seller Hub.pngScreenshot 2024-04-30 at 07-48-25 Vintage Gibson Greetings EASTER BUNNY Candy Dish copyanage offers eBay.pngScreenshot 2024-04-28 at 20-06-47 Ladies Carhartt 12 Regular Slim Fit Jeans in great shape - manage offers eBay.png

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I was in error, I sent offers, the buyer sent counter offers.  So, the original offer was seller generated.  I'm so sorry for mis stating what I meant.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply