cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing a selling policy violation

I recently had a listing removed by ebay which stated an item I was selling violated ebay policies, specifically:

"You listed a Comp M2/M4 M68/CCO. As this is United States military hardware that is not available for civilian purchase, we have determined it is not permitted to be listed on eBay. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case."

This is absolutely incorrect, the Aimpoint CompM2 was available directly from their website for anyone who wanted to but it. How do I request a review from ebay? All I got was an email/message that cannot be replied to.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There is no 'review' when Ebay removes a listing, just be sure not to list it again.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

But they are wrong...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

They can restrict any item if they don't want you to sell it. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

"But they are wrong."

Doesnt matter, they call the shots with listing violations.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Time to start an Amazon account I guess.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@charlie_neecy wrote:

But they are wrong...

Part of the eBay learning curve - when eBay is wrong they are still right.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"Time to start an Amazon account I guess."

Probably for the best, but you cant sell pre owned items on Amazon.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@charlie_neecy wrote:

But they are wrong...

It doesn't matter, per the eBay user agreement: 

"we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Sorry this happened to you, but it does happen.

They did it to me a while back and I knew they were wrong.

I contacted eBay via Facebook as these are actual eBay employees who can actually help you.  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Click the message icon. List your information showing that this product is available to the public, not just the military.

You will be required to provide info identifying yourself.  They don't respond right away, but someone will.

If they do eventually tell you it's okay to sell on eBay, make a new listing as the one that was taken down will be tracked by the bots and probably removed again.

Good luck to you.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply