cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a negative from a buyer for using the post office

Mailed it free of charge, they say they didn't get it until 5 days later even though tracking stated it was delivered.  My fault for using the USPS! Yes, I actually mailed it, and quickly too.  They contact me saying I should not have used the USPS for mailing since their post office is terrible. It was a first class weight item, I would not have mailed any other way, but never mind that, I was just suppose to know this. Oh the powers some of these buyers think we have! So thinking since this was out of my control, eBay would remove it. WRONG! They gave their general canned answer..."Its the buyers experience and it did not violate any of our policies so we cannot remove."   I just needed to vent. 

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

@rdjchrist It's a shame eBay allows a buyer to neg you on an issue clearly out of your control. You should reply to the neg and point out that the listing provided for USPS shipping, and you mailed it quickly but cannot be responsible for USPS delay. 

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

Well 1st class mail   isn't  same since  it was combined with parcel post  into  their new Ground Advantage     that goes by ground  .And some  locations  the sorting centers   and That buyers  have  both bouncing around  and delay's   .      The buyer shouldn't  have neg  you  .    in the past  1st class parcels used to be shipped by air . 

Message 3 of 38
latest reply

ebay  has 2 to 3 day delivery  estimated  for  the old 1st class shipped  by air  is listed .  

Message 4 of 38
latest reply

This person is negging the USPS, not you - hrrrrr.... How stupid. ETA: Try again to get rid of it - I got two negs for a buyer's package being stolen from their porch and eBay got rid of them because their porch piracy is out of my hands. Sometimes it takes a little persistence.

Anyway, if it sticks, it's a chance to show off your excellent customer service skills by responding to reassure your future buyers that you ship promptly with the USPS being the most effective solution for this buyer's free shipping. OR if the buyer decided that some kind of abracadabra happened where the item was marked delivered days before he got it (FIVE days...heavens!) just record date purchased, date shipped, date marked as delivered.

We can thank Jeff Bozos for this.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

Similar situation here. I just got a message and a negative from a buyer who is angry that USPS delayed their package because they misdelivered it cross country and back to the buyer's city. He so angry at me he says I have some nerve and how I can justify a package taking 2 weeks to get to him. "I can't justify it. Maybe USPS can when you ask them."

I hope ebay can remove that negative, but honestly with the way they've been lately I'm not holding my breath.

Message 6 of 38
latest reply

@rdjchrist wrote:

Mailed it free of charge, they say they didn't get it until 5 days later even though tracking stated it was delivered.  My fault for using the USPS! Yes, I actually mailed it, and quickly too.  They contact me saying I should not have used the USPS for mailing since their post office is terrible. It was a first class weight item, I would not have mailed any other way, but never mind that, I was just suppose to know this. Oh the powers some of these buyers think we have! So thinking since this was out of my control, eBay would remove it. WRONG! They gave their general canned answer..."Its the buyers experience and it did not violate any of our policies so we cannot remove."   I just needed to vent. 

Its hard to predict or understand why or when buyers do this. It's not fair and there really is not much more you can do besides adding a sentence or two in your description field explaining it.(Type of shipping used and the possibility of delays ect.) That being said, allot of buyers do not read the descriptions and assume whatever they think. You could have a form response message saved that you could send each buyer that thanks them and gives them details on the shipping process (what type of shipping used and any other relevant info). This is not too much for small buyers but can be time consuming for buyers that sell many items per day.

Question for any other problem solvers out there.... Is there a way to set up each sale to receive an automated message (via Ebay messages) that you can choose from? Have all first class mail listings send a specific message regarding first class shipping? Can you set up different auto replies for other types of shipping that you can select to send once they purchase?

Personally i would message the Ebay Facebook customer service group to see if they can remove this feedback. Does not seem fair.

-Good Luck

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

So sorry you got a bad buyer.

People today want things in a microwave minute & it's ridiculous !

Entitled & impatient is how a lot of people are.

Oh dear, they had to wait a whole 5 days longer, how terrible !!

I bet whatever they ordered was a matter of life & death.

Just leave a professional reply to that feedback & move on.

Your reply is for future buyers to see.

The buyers feedback comment just makes them look like a jerk.

Don't make your comment make you look like one too.

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

Ah! The whining buyer who can't wait or trying to make excuses for a freebie or partial refund. 

An item cannot show delivered and take 5 more days to actually be delivered. The only way this could be possible is if the buyer is lying / twisting story and the package was shipped to a P.O. box and the buyer went days later to check their box. 

You have the opportunity to reply to their feedback for everyone to see. State your case with details / timeline. I would then add them to your BBL.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

They are blocked but I am waiting until I have exhausted all of my options to change this before replying.  

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

I always reply to feedback that is less than positive (well, the positives that hint of negativity too) but in this case I am not replying for awhile until I have done all I can do to remove it.  As for content yes I agree how one responds is vital.  

Message 11 of 38
latest reply

Oh no! Well, I guess the buyer needs someone to blame. Can't blame the USPS, doesn't do any good, I know, I am dealing with them on a damage claim they rejected.  Can't blame eBay, they just duck and point to the seller. Oh well, I am not impacted other than having less than 100% feedback now.  It just irks when you know there is nothing you could possibly done.

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

Yes it was shipped the ground advantage, I was just stating it was a "first class weight" package.

Message 13 of 38
latest reply

"An item cannot show delivered and take 5 more days to actually be delivered."

It can if using ESE...I have seen this on multiple occasions.

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

An item cannot show delivered and take 5 more days to actually be delivered.

cannot should be changed to should not as it is quite possible for it to happen.

No need to get into all the whys and what ifs, but it is entirely possible to have it happen.

Message 15 of 38
latest reply