cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG help please

This is a very unusual situation. In my 23 years of eBay selling I have never come close to experiencing this.

Friday I received an order for 7 lots of 12 coloring books each. Total of 84 coloring books. Order total $223.93 plus $20.99 tax = $244.92.

I packed up 84 all different coloring books placing 3 each inside protective plastic sleeve as always and shipping them in a heavy eBay branded box via USPS ground advantage.

Here is the unusual part:

The shipping address provided with the payment was to: eBay - Attn: J M, Hamilton Ave, San Jose, CA 95125-5904. (USPS confirmed receipt with tracking).

BUT - The Buyer ID is an active seller with 90 current listings who is shown as being located in Delavan, WI.

So ..... what do you think?

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

OMG help please

@b86fiero wrote:

Here is the unusual part:

The shipping address provided with the payment was to: eBay [snipped]

BUT - The Buyer ID is an active seller with 90 current listings who is shown as being located in Delavan, WI.

So ..... what do you think?

I think it's time to ship.

Seriously: buyers can choose any delivery address at Shipping time... and eBay has a bazillion employees, so eventually you're going to come across one in the Real World. (Every now and then, one of them escapes from the compound under cover of darkness. 😉)

So, no red flags here, IMHO. Ship as usual.

Message 2 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

strange stuff. XXXX Hamilton Ave.......................  eBay's address ?

Message 3 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

I think you shouldn't publish private details that is a violation of privacy policy.

Message 4 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

I would just ship to the address given in the order.  

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

I shipped the box Friday.

I got to thinking about the Buyer being located in WI and having the box shipped directly to eBay headquarters.

Message 6 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

Phone him.

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

If the order tells you to "ship now," do so to the address on the shipping info. As long as there's tracking showing delivery, you'll be fine.

It's possible that an ebay employee (in San Jose) has a friend or relative (in Wisconsin) who's buying your items and having them shipped to the employee at ebay. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

I did not identify the buyer by name nor ID. 

The shipping address was to eBay headquarters. That's a pretty public location.

Message 9 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

@b86fiero wrote:

I shipped the box Friday.

I got to thinking about the Buyer being located in WI and having the box shipped directly to eBay headquarters.

Could be anything, including having a relation of the Wisconsin buyer who happens to work at eBay. I once shipping something to someone from Hong Kong who was registered in the UK but I shipped to where they were staying on Bangkok - same person, though.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

Or an employee is only temporary at the HQ, lives in WI and also runs a side hustle eBay store.

If it says ship, you should ship.

Too many people overthinking things.

Message 11 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

There are a bunch of houses in that area too.

If the books are returned as Undeliverable, you are not required to refund anything.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

But it looks like another seller stole your listing, sold it as his own, to an eBay employee, and is using you as his supplier.

I hope you have more than the buyer's initials since the mail room at eBay isn't likely to know everyone even by sight.

Message 12 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

You're an experienced / seasoned seller. 

Did you review the buyer's profile?

Did you Google map the address? 

You can always spend that $4.00 or less for signature required at delivery for safe / secure delivery. 

Message 13 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

The shipping address included a FULL NAME. That is a violation of eBay policy, and privacy policy.

The mods already removed it though?

Message 14 of 63
latest reply

OMG help please

Buyers often buy gifts for friends and relatives to be shipped to their residence or place of business. 
I never pay much attention to where an item I sell is going unless eBay says there's a problem with an address, if nothing is amiss I just ship. 

Message 15 of 63
latest reply