cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rare Memorabilia US History Items

Hi eBay Community,

I am looking for a professional advice on a recent rare auction our business won. The items go back to Robert Rosenberg former CEO of Dunkin Donuts. One of the most exciting items is a huge glass art display that holds Vintage Dunkin Donuts icons. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Best thing to do is research major auction houses. If you find one that specializes in your field of collectibles,  they have mailing list and can put it out there to the people that buy what you are selling. What you have is very unique and the marketplace for it will be small. Its all about showing it to the right people. When you contact them they will be quite honest in their ability to sell it as if they don't have buyers already in mind, they probably won't accept it or show interest. If you find one that is eager and aggressive about wanting it, then its probably going to sell. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Not sure what advice anyone can offer AFTER the fact .. I guess congratulations on your win.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi Janet9988, thank you for your kind reply. Wishing you success and prosperity in your business! I was looking for best way to sell such rare items and I was hesitant to list them on eBay.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Maybe if you posted a few pictures you may get better results?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

20231022_014324~2.jpg20231022_015028~2.jpg20231022_014531.jpg

Some of the pictures.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Stephen for your advice, some pictures uploaded below.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Nice, maybe someone will come along and be able to offer you some guidance. 

See if this living Museum would be interested.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/first-dunkin-donuts

Good Luck

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Stephen, that's helpful. I will check it out. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I would not call my two cents professional advice but that is a fairly personalized work of "art" that may not have much of a wider appreciative audience outside Mr. Rosenberg's family.   And the cost of shipping may be a bit beyond what others might value it at.  But you never know what people collect out there in Ebay land.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Did the auction advertise these before selling?  Was there a lot of bidding?  That might help give an inkling to how much interest they might garner.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Fun fact: The original Dunkin Donut had a handle for (what else?) dunking it in your coffee.

A victim of cost-cutting in the machine age, since each donut had be cut by hand. Escapes me why they didn't just customize a machine to do it. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Best thing to do is research major auction houses. If you find one that specializes in your field of collectibles,  they have mailing list and can put it out there to the people that buy what you are selling. What you have is very unique and the marketplace for it will be small. Its all about showing it to the right people. When you contact them they will be quite honest in their ability to sell it as if they don't have buyers already in mind, they probably won't accept it or show interest. If you find one that is eager and aggressive about wanting it, then its probably going to sell. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Thank you m60driver!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thank you thelongball for your great advice. We will start doing our research and hopefully we find an interested party.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply