cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify and The Real Real email me to join their sites. Any comments from members here?

Opinions about those 2 sites for sellers.

It is a lot of work to make oneself a new seller with a new booth.

Are those 2 sites worth it?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Spotify and The Real Real email me to join their sites. Any comments from members here?

I've noticed that etsy is now advertising for sellers.

Not buyers, sellers.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Spotify? Do you mean Shopify? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes thank you 🙏 my mistake Shopify…

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

They do what they do, you have to weight the value against that.

I myself tend stray on using Wordpress, WooCommerce and those various tools and extensions (plugins) of which there are oodles.  In the long term it a better deal IMHO cost saving and controls, building a following and more but as I said, have to weigh the pro's and con's or whether do so at all.  Obviously running you're own show takes more learning...

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@jewelbiz wrote:

Opinions about those 2 sites for sellers.

It is a lot of work to make oneself a new seller with a new booth.

Are those 2 sites worth it?

I used to be on Shopify but didn't have time for all the marketing, etc., that I had to do to get seen at all. No complaints at all about the site operation, tools, etc., it was just that I was working two jobs at the time as well as selling and just not enough time.

The realreal - I know people who sell there and have done OK, but have not done so myself.

Getting set up on another site is NBD if you don't have to do all of your own marketing, takes a little time and one needs to familiarise themselves with site rules, start listing - eh, that's about it.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I've sold on TRR.  The last time was a total clown show, in my opinion, and I won't be back. I feel the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing over there.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I sell on multiple sites and have for years.  I do not however cross up my inventory.  Meaning whatever I'm selling on whatever site it is, I have the stock to sell the buyers.  I do not EVER post something on one site that I only have one of, and then post it on another site or sites, in the hopes of whenever it sells I can be fast enough to close the other listings I have going.  I'm simply not at the computer 24/7, so at some point this practice would get me into trouble, so I don't do it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hello EBAY Team,

Joining sites like Spotify and The Real Real can be a significant commitment for sellers, requiring effort to set up a new booth and establish a presence. Members here, what are your thoughts on these platforms? Are they worth the investment of time and energy? On a related note, have you tried using Spotify Premium???

Good Luck TO YOU!

Missy J. Kimball
Message 9 of 9
latest reply