cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your account is currently limited. Go to Messages to find out what you need to do next

Hello, can someone help me with this error message please "Your account is currently limited. Go to Messages to find out what you need to do next". I have searched but could not find any solution. Find things I am currently not able to do:

1. cannot list any item

2. cannot sell any item

I did not receive any message regarding the issue. Thks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Your account is currently limited. Go to Messages to find out what you need to do next

Nothing in your eBay Messages (not necessarily in your email)?  That's odd, there's almost always a message.  You usually would have warnings leading up to this if you did anything they find suspicious too.

Just to make sure, you're checking here: https://www.ebay.com/cnt/viewMessage right?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Have you signed up with managed payments with your checking account information and social security number? Those are required to sell.

Account restrictions and suspension 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

also, make sure your default is showing ALL MESSAGES, not just from members.....

you could try clicking the link "from ebay" in the options

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I only see a few sales from over a year ago. I'm with @ebooksdiva... have you ever signed up for Managed Payments?

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, nothing from Ebay yet. I did contact customer service but they could not pull up any information. The could see account is restricted but no clue why. Based on cs, they have emailed to another department who will contact me with 5-7 business days. So, I am playing a waiting game, I guess. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

My account is updated, I did get a confirmation from eBay but why it is restricted - no clue. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yups I did that too. Thanks though.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes, payment is managed by eBay.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Your account is only 2 years old.  You've sold 61 items in total.  Looks like you've sold nothing for over a year.  Why did you stop selling?  Was it voluntary?  Was there any sort of issue with owed fees or returns?  Did eBay ask for receipts to prove ownership of your inventory?  

Account restrictions and suspensions | eBay

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Looks like it's been awhile since you sold anything.

Was it restricted when you stopped selling?

Did you receive any messages back then?

Have a great day
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

We stop selling because we moved our warehouse for offline sales. After hiring our new internet salesperson, tried listing again but since then we have been facing these issues. It has been couple of months since we have been trying to list parts. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

We are service company and sell our overflow inventory only. Our account was active, but we were in process of moving so we took a break. Account got restricted last December for some reason and since then we have been working to get it reactivated.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply