cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payouts are on hold !!! FAKE!!!! WARNING

Your payouts are on hold until you update your account details. Please update by May 21, 2024 to avoid further restrictions.

THAT IS A PHISHING LINK THAT IS THERE

FAKE

kycrededyweb.ebay   .com   <<<< THIS IS WHERE IT LEADS AND LOOKED LIGIT PAGE WANTING YOU TO LOGIN TO BANK AND DO MICROTRANSACTIONS

selling overview has been hacked

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Many people don't understand domains and subdomains at all.

OP, any address that has ANYTHING before .ebay.com is just a subdomain belonging to eBay.  There is no fake website link shown in your original post, it's eBay's site and you must follow the directions or you cannot be paid.

(Small note, though, if it's something like paymeebay.com without a dot before ebay.com, then it's probably a scam site.)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 15 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

You would know if your payouts are on hold by looking at your payouts. 
But since you ARE a new or infrequent seller your payouts are more than likely on hold. 
Payout holds

If you received that message in an eMail AND your messages it's probably not a phishing scam. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

kycremedyweb is the actual legit eBay address for when they ask you to update your account details.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Know Your Customer 

Good to be cautious. Double check your payouts - you should have gotten a notification in your actual eBay messages if there was some problem or other.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Reselling like exact same things over and over.

I am assuming eBay is asking for receipts of these items you sold to buyers.

And it's in Austin, Texas....Tesla territory....

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

the biggest issue is that the photobutton on the page was not a link but a script

when i inspected it it said     

<button class="fake-link bank-info__btn" type="button">Log in</button>

NOTICE <<< the name is fake link button

then it wants me to login to bank using that page and do microtransactions  to prove i have logged in.

it gives a list of banks to choose from

but it already knows my bank info except for the  *******

Verify by logging in to your bank directly (recommended)

Use your bank login credentials to verify your account instantly. This is the quickest way to verify your account.

Bank name    Bla bla bankofTx
Routing number     314124595
Checking account number    Ending in 99890

NOW you never ever ever login to your bank or acct or page through another page even if you trust the site

maybe i know to much .
 but they transferred a few thousand to my bank just now so why this idiocy after the fact.
I will be talking to IT as soon as they are open again

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

That is a legit Ebay link.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

log in using a ebay page that wants you to go to bank webpage while follow/track  your login and password is not allowed .

its against all logic or rules.

they will refer this up to the  IT dept to fix the fake button and issue of the scripting.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

i have nothing on hold till i ship and its not on hold then

i have been paid 1000s now in last few days .

its just a quirk of the software they are assuming

having run like 80k through here and same bank but i am new again . it triggers the software.

but there is the issue of the bad programming that no one but me has noticed. 

ha

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I hope you're not saying you don't ship until the money hits your bank account.  Unless you're setting your handling time long and customers are okay with that, you're just going to break policy, risk your account, and make customers mad for no reason.

And don't call people here names.  People tried to help you, you just don't like it.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@kwhisenand 

People here are trying to help, yet you continue to insult people's suggestions and advice with name calling and assumptions.  As others have posted, if you don't like the answers your getting, don't post.  Our helpful's on these boards volunteer their time and experience here and no alleged IT via eBay will give you any better help, advice or solutions.  Trust me. FYI.

Hope things work out for you.  

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@kwhisenand wrote:

log in using a ebay page that wants you to go to bank webpage while follow/track  your login and password is not allowed .

its against all logic or rules.

they will refer this up to the  IT dept to fix the fake button and issue of the scripting.

You don't have to use the log in option.

Some use the micro deposits option to verify our checking accounts.

They do ask to verify your account once in awhile.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It isn't a quirk in software. If there was a software issue/glitch there would be more complaints than just you.

if eBay is asking you to confirm your bank account then confirm it or not, that's on you. If you are having issues with uploading documents eBay requires then try a different device/browser....very simple.

Peace out! ✌️ 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Pretty sure ebay.com is a legitimate domain for eBay. 🤔

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Many people don't understand domains and subdomains at all.

OP, any address that has ANYTHING before .ebay.com is just a subdomain belonging to eBay.  There is no fake website link shown in your original post, it's eBay's site and you must follow the directions or you cannot be paid.

(Small note, though, if it's something like paymeebay.com without a dot before ebay.com, then it's probably a scam site.)

Message 15 of 15
latest reply