cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware Customers using Third shipping companies

I writing this to inform all of my terrible experience to avoid anyone from encountering such a horrible selling experience here on eBay. If you read these situations here you have notice a comment i made on this page that was taken off due to the fact that I used the buyers name in regards to this particular experience I had experienced selling here on eBay. I recently sold an item that had a shipping address for a third shipping company for the item sold in question here. I believe that there are good customers using this addresses in Portland, OR with Airport way as the street addresses. Well, the item sold for well over $1000.00 to be precise it was $1330.85. Onnces this item was clear to be sent and payment completed I prepared the item for shipping and use the shipping tools as I alway do to ship this item on time to the customer. Four days latter item shows arriving at the Portland OR facility and at this same time i recieved an email from this customer stating “Where is my Item I moved”. I I was so confused with this email as who in there right mind will buy an expensive item and then go ahead and email the seller with such a ridiculous statement, we had no control of the address on a buyers account and labels are generated with the information provided by the customer on the eBay website. Well to make this story short I responded to the customers email and they never to this day respond back to my email so I ask eBay to step in and help. During this time tracking only shows in transits and arriving late for ressons unknown to anyone. We waited a few days and eBay closes the case on the buyers favor while I am days trying to resolve what eBay should of been doing for us buyers in resolving matters like this one. after three days from the first tempt this being 7 days from item being shipped they close the case on the favor of the customer, I was so upset as now I am at a big lost. This was because the USPS tracking shows item in transit and not delivered so they went and credit back the customer. I was told if I can show prove of delivery I can be rectified from all this mess. After many phone calls with USPS and back and fourth with eBay I got an explanation to all this. These third shipping companies receives packages in bulks they get hundreds of packages a day. All packages are in bulks and there for USPS only shows a bulk list which shows all items listed in this bulk list and there for some items will not show delivered on the tracking system. I then got confirmation from the USPS supervisor for this information via email with document of the bulk list that shows my items tracking number in that bulked list that the item was delivered to the third shipping company which now ships this item to the customers. i went ahead and escalated this case to eBay several times and to this Day they keep washing there hands with now stating they can not help me with this and they are sorry for this to had happen. How angry can I be with all this, I am so so upset to not have a company as big as eBay to do this to a small seller who for over 13yrs have been selling and paying fee’s to the company with out any issues on my account. I believe there are many good people out there using these third shipping companies for services, but there are way to many using the way these third shipping companies handle there service to scam seller throughout all the selling platforms and eBay needs to step in and realized this to prevent situations as I have from happening. Customers should not be refunded till all has been resolve with in a fair time to show exactly what happen. Now getting my item back will be impossible as its being shipped to the customer, and eBay went ahead and deducted this $1330.85 from my account. I ask why is this happing and how can we sellers be more protected from this happing in the future. I am so so so upset with how all this was handle… its clearly a scam and its clearly not a far thing to do to us sellers here on eBay. If anyone has had a similar situation and can advise me on how to get composted for my lost please post information. Thanks for reading and best to all

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I recently sold an item that had a shipping address for a third shipping company

Your customer used a freight forwarder.

I alway do to ship this item on time to the customer.

Four days latter item shows arriving at the Portland OR facility

At which point the item is considered  delivered to the address the buyer supplied and you had no further responsibility to the buyer for delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Because  the item was over $750, you are required to show not only Proof of Delivery, which you have or you would not know when it was received by the forwarder, but ALSO Signature Confirmation of Delivery.

If you did not purchase that, you lose the Claim.

Did you purchase Signature Confirmation?

Do NOT use the phone reps.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Which means that specific rep is being held responsible for their advice.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

on some devices..........   using the "enter" 

creates paragraph spacing 🤔

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Sorry -- did not read your entire message because of the wall of print with no breaks.

So, if I am missing a point, forgive me.

What you're identifying as a "third shipping company" is probably a freight forwarder.  Many international buyers use these.  Because both Oregon and Delaware are states without a state sales tax, these are preferred locations for a freight forwarder.  These companies are not set up to scam people.

One of the good things about freight forwarders from a seller's point of view is that, once tracking proves delivery to the address seen when the buyer paid (which would be the FF's address), the seller is off the hook as far as his responsibility for delivery is concerned. 

What kind of case did you, the seller, open? 

Every time someone comes here and complains about freight forwarders, there are sellers who respond that they have shipped to these addresses for years with nary a problem.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

If I read your wall of text correctly(paragraphs would be helpful)

I assume you asked eBay to step in.
You should never ask eBay to step in. They will always find in favor of the buyer. 
Buyers are responsible to ensure their address is correct in their account prior to making purchase.

If you had simply uploaded tracking into the case eBay would have found in your favor because a buyer using a third party forwarding company is not covered by MBG 

You may want to contact Customer Support through messages on Facebook eBay For Business with this issue. 

IMG_0856.jpeg

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

As long as there was tracking and it got delivered to the address that should solve it.

Perhaps the buyer went ahead and did a credit card dispute where usually the bank wins and it's out of eBay's hand. Just a thought.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I recently sold an item that had a shipping address for a third shipping company

Your customer used a freight forwarder.

I alway do to ship this item on time to the customer.

Four days latter item shows arriving at the Portland OR facility

At which point the item is considered  delivered to the address the buyer supplied and you had no further responsibility to the buyer for delivery.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Because  the item was over $750, you are required to show not only Proof of Delivery, which you have or you would not know when it was received by the forwarder, but ALSO Signature Confirmation of Delivery.

If you did not purchase that, you lose the Claim.

Did you purchase Signature Confirmation?

Do NOT use the phone reps.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Which means that specific rep is being held responsible for their advice.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Even with credit card disputes, there have been reports that eBay has backed the seller when the reason was Not Received but the seller/eBay was able to show that the purchase was sent to the address supplied by the buyer and tracking showed delivery.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@luis11890 

Since English is not your first language,  I would suggest writing out your problem in your first language, before contacting the social media reps.

Remove all the emotion.

Then post it in Spanish(?). I'm fairly sure it will be referred to someone who speaks that language fluently.

If not, you can do a translation, again keep out the emotion, and send that.

Another advantage of the Chats is that both you and the rep have time to think about your answers before responding. And to re-assess what has already been said, so both can correct any errors due to misunderstandings, a constant problem with spoken conversations.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Looks like the USPS shipped it in a bulk and the individual tracking was not scan but the bulk list was and my item was in that bulk list from the USPS I gave this information to ebay showing item was delivered to this third shipping company and they still gave the buyer a refund because the tracking system still shows the item in transit arriving late for what ever reason. Usps sent me a copy of the Bulk List with my item included and I have sent that as proof without any resolution on my behave 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

thank you so much I will go ahead and try again this way 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Since USPS for some reason sent my package in a bulk list the item did not show delivered in the USPS tracking but shows delivered on the USPS build list which they attached and sent via email showing delivered. I sent this attachment to eBay and still was not good enough for them. They went ahead and debited my bank account for the entire $1330.85. now customer gets money back and my item will be delivered to them as well.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Use the social media Chat to appeal.

The refund to you will have to come from eBay's own money but they are insured.

You have two problems.

First- USPS did deliver the purchase late*.

Second- You did not use Signature Confirmation on such an expensive item.

Either of those will lose the Claim for you.

*This is not your fault. But it is your responsibility.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

USPS delivered this on time but has not done it separately but in a bulk list, and I did purchase a signature for this item too

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I contacted eBay and still not resolution, I had contacted a supervisor who in fact emailed me a copy of the tracking item in question as being delivered to the address. i sent this to eBay as attachment and still they refuse to reimburse me. i brought the signature required once delivered but USPS told me that my situation is a rare one. My item was delivered but scan with a bulk lable which was delivered to this address and not scared individually. So my item was delivered with perhaps 80 other packages and is listed in the USPS bulk list which they provided me with. How can I get paid, I out $1330.85 and no item. The buyer will be receiving this item and eBay has sent him a refund. I don't think is right something has to happen, how can a seller feel confidant selling if this is going on... 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Here is a copy of my delivery confirmation from USPS of this item in question.

Have sent this and another letter to eBAy and no one is willing to step in and help me in this case.

I will never ship items like this again..

September 06, 2023

Good Day Mr. ++++

I work in the Consumer Affairs Office in Portland, Or.

I have researched your package with tracking number:

9402 +++++++++++++++++++++

The package that you sent was delivered to a Reshipper Located at 15617 NE Airport Way

Portland OR 97251 on 7/09/23

The way the USPS handles mail being delivered to Reshippers work differently than regular

package deliveries. Being that a reshipper has hundreds of packages per day. Each package is

scanned to a firmsheet to show that package was delivered. So when the scan says arrival at

unit firmsheet – it actually means it was delivered. The Reshippers do not have access to the

USPS tools. To show otherwise. The system will also not let us change a scan to show

“ Delivered”

When the truck driver delivers these containers to the reshipper they just unload the truck

and leave. Please use this letter to refund the sender for his item shipped.

Thank you,

Susanne Wightman

Consumer Affairs Office

Message 15 of 18
latest reply