cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed Ex Underpaid Labels- Like many here on ebay in the last 24 hours

I have never received these emails before or maybe once every 2 years or so and I received three underpaid emails in the last three Fed-X shipments. All of my calculations are right on compared to what I used on my label and what Fed Ex has identified. If the Ebay calculator is wrong all of a sudden, then they need to fix it .  I am being charged like 40-50% extra on each underpaid label. I will be calling Ebay CS this morning. I would urge all of you to do the same thing. There has to be a system issue when I have very rarely received these and all of a sudden received three in one day. Any comments  ???

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hey everyone, please note that due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks so much for this info.  I was about to open a ticket for getting 2 of these yesterday.  I'll wait it out for the refund first. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am getting tired of shenanigans from FedEx. It seems they decided to scam their customers  to meet their quarterly estimates they released a few days ago. I shipped a package with the weight listed as 22 pounds. I got email from ebay claiming FedEx shipping adjustment. The stated weight  isv

22 lbs. Fedex claims the actual weight is 20.8lbs with billable weight  of 21 lbs. The adjusted price by additional $18. WHAT IS GOING ON?. I called ebay, but they don't care.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

i used to once in a while get a credit back for overpaying on shipping.  haven't seen one in forever and i know for sure we've re-used smaller boxes from time to time since they were "free".

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It's not ebay exactly, its Fed Ex, but this has been going on at least a month and Ebay needs to find a way to get it corrected and get us our refunds, I am out well over 100.00 for overcharges that are not possible.  If Fed Ex can not take care of business Ebay should remover their services from the site.  I have taken Fed Ex off almost all listings at this point anyway

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Really?  Because I am still waiting for the over 29.00 refund I was charged to mail a poster that I already paid to ship.   No way that is correct., and I have others I called about this week

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If eBay knows there is a problem, why did I get a email from eBay TODAY stating that they are taking funds from my bank account to pay for adjustments? The person sending out the notices needs to talk to the person sending out the emails. 

When I looked at the original problem, it looks like FedEx made changes to their billing which did not carry over to the eBay label calculation. It looks like FedEx no longer uses the ounces in the calculation. It looks like the only use pounds. So if the listing states 2lb and 1 ounce, they calculate it as 3 lbs. They also use a new  dimensions calculation that affects large boxes. So the normal calculations done by eBay for labels is less than what FedEx calculates. If these are the new calculations eBay needs to change their calculations in both the listings and in the label.    

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I had a similar experience with FedEx also charging more for large boxes. The problem is that eBay calculations for the listings as well as the label do not match the new FedEx calculations. eBay says they are reimbursing but I am still getting notices that they are billing my bank account. I have removed FedEx from all of my scheduled and draft listings as this could take some time to fix and I can't keep eating these overages.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

me too - even if they decide to make the eBay changes it is going to take time for the changes to listings and labels - I'll just won't offer Fed Ex.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply