cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Advantage - Delivery Times

Good afternoon Ebay community! Now that most of us have had a chance to see the early USPS Ground Advantage delivery results. What are some of the trends across the community?

I have been seeing delivery times a bit slower when compared to 1st Class Mail to most points across the country from California.

I even saw a late delivery appear in my on time in today's latest posted selling metrics. Buyer purchased on July 13th with my normal 2 day handling.....item shipped on July 14th....item delivered July 19th.....per the ebay metrics report, the latest acceptable delivery date was July 18th. Does that expected latest delivery date seem logical for a shipment going from southern California to Virginia?

That one metrics blip didn't hurt....however, I can only imagine if someone was on the edge of losing their top rated seller status🙏

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I have not noticed any item taking longer than the stuff I mailed out before July 9th.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Seeing no difference in the delivery time frame for my Ground Advantage packages as compared to my prior 1st Class packages.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I shipped a couple of items to Florida by the new Ground Advantage option. Before, using the old First Class shipping, delivery took 3 days. Now it's 4 days (from Ohio). So yes, delivery times do take longer. I wonder how long it would take to ship to the west coast.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have had two very delayed experiences with GA. 

1st, I had to refund and lost the everything (including the item) because it was not delivered before Halloween. It took 15 days for it to finally show up and now the buyer is ghosting me.  

The 2nd package stalled at the post office (that I hand delivered to) and they will not let me put in an inquiry until it has been "lost" for 15 days.  The expected date doesn't matter.  

I'm not a fan and will get bad reviews because of this.  

I may not be listing anything in the future with EBAY if I cannot use Priority Mail

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My GA packages have been delivered quickly in most cases. 

From CA to PA, zone 8  shipped 11/13 delivered 11/15

"""""""""""""" VA zone 8   shipped 11/13 delivered 11/15

"""""""""""""" CA zone 1   shipped 11/13 delivered 11/15

"""""""""""""" AL zone 7   shipped 11/13 delivered 11/15

So these packages obviously were shipped by air from CA.

Some packages take a little longer, I have 2 packages going to different parts of TX, shipped on 11/13 and they are still in transit.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I think when there are package delays, it is not because of the service chosen, but because of a local problem with USPS.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

agreed. that most problems result from the PO handling

Message 8 of 8
latest reply