cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International buyers can't request combined shipping

Does anyone have any insight on why international buyers can't request an invoice from me for combined shipping? I've been selling coins on eBay for years and years and this used to work fine. They'd add the items to their cart, request an invoice, and then I'd send them a new total. Now apparently they get a message saying I don't offer combined shipping. There's nothing on the listing page for me to check or uncheck. This leads to a lot of frustration and back and forth messages, often with people who don't speak English. I end up having them pay the full price and then having to refund the difference, and I suspect I end up paying more in fees to eBay because of this. Is there something I'm missing?

On a related note, I have one repeat U.S. customer who always tells me he has to buy each item separately because it insists that he pay immediately. Then I have to refund his shipping charges and I am charged a separate payment processing fee for each transaction. No one else seems to have this problem but him. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You have some items that ONLY ship to USA; others 'Worldwide'. 

Are you on EIS? 

Is customer putting in cart first? 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I mostly only ship my cheaper items internationally because if it gets lost I'm not out as much. I'm not on the EIS program because honestly I don't understand how to charge for it on my end to make sure I don't get screwed. 

I believe the customers are putting the items in their cart first. I always explain to them the process of adding it to their cart, then requesting an invoice but they tell me they can't do it because "I don't offer combined shipping."

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

it appears that some of your listings are not offering international labels (unless that is by design)

maybe that is affecting some buyers?

!ebay-bad-ship.jpg

other than that, just make sure you don't accidentally have "immediate payment" enabled on any listings...that would disallow combining....

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It's by design. I only ship certain items overseas. And I do not have immediate payment selected.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I ship domestic and International and it happens to me all the time.

I just refunded someone today.

It has nothing to do with checking off something.

And that .30 or .40 extra fee is a win for someone...but not me.

Lucky I have free domestic shipping...but International shipping is getting expensive so I have to charge something.

I do get some domestic buyers who still pay for one item at a time. And I  get 4 or 5 separate .30 or .40 eBay fees.

I am afraid to tell buyers to combine.....I think some buyers believe they will get more feedbacks that way.

I don't want to lose "repeat buyers"...so I just accept it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, it doesn't come up often enough to be a big problem so I don't want to lecture the buyers about how they're buying but it is annoying when someone buys in a way that I have to pay extra fees and then expects a refund. I know eBay pushes for everyone to use free shipping but honestly offering a shipping discount is a big incentive for people to buy more from me, and since I sell coins, my product is something that people often want to buy multiple items of.  I just wish I could get this international combined shipping figured out because I feel like it turns off buyers. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

never mind

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The only international buyers I get are  from  Canada  and England  only  for the last several years  . they  are  the only   2 international  country's   I will ship to unless I get that  hard to find item  then I will include  more  international  countries  that buyers that may want that item.   I never used GSP  and see no need to use EIS   .    

Message 9 of 9
latest reply