cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Australia.

I'm trying to send an invoice to a buyer in Australia but the ebay system will not let me. It says I can't send an invoice to an international buyer. Why? Why does ebay always change things to make it harder? Simpler would make more sense. How can I get around this stuff to send an invoice to my buyer? I've done this in past years without a problem. If someone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Shipping to Australia.

@dirttrackroyalty,

You cannot ship internationally unless you revise your listings and add an international shipping method. USPS Ground Advantage,  is not an international shipping service.  Once you have added an international shipping service the buyer will see the cost when they enter Australia into the country box.

I would suggest shortening the list of countries you will ship to by quite a lot.  Many of the ones on your list are not serviced by the USPS international shipping services. You can look up the countries serviced by them on the USPS site.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to Australia.

So can I make that change after the auction has ended with an international buyer? If the way I have my shipping won't work....I'm not sure why an international buyer would be allowed to bid. This used to be so much easier. I've sold tons of diecast and shipped it overseas with no problems in the past. All I had to do was enter the shipping charges on an invoice and send it.

Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to Australia.

@dirttrackroyalty 

It is not possible to send and invoice or combine shipping through eIS. Each item must be shipped individually. 
When the item reaches the international shipping hub, it is subject to inspection and must match the listing. Extras not mentioned in the listing ~may~ be disposed of. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Shipping to Australia.

Hi @dirttrackroyalty . Your international shipping method is eBay International Shipping (eIS). eIS offers a lot of seller protections and with the photographs you're selling there's no reason you should exclude more countries. In fact, with eIS you can ship anywhere eBay does not automatically exclude and your responsibility ends once the item arrives safely at the eIS hub in the US.

With eIS you cannot send an invoice. The reason you're running into problems is you're using auction format listings. With fixed price items the buyer could add to cart and eIS will auto-combine the items, if eligible.

Your options for this transaction:

Buyer pays for the items without your combined invoice. You ship in whatever number of packages eBay dictates. (With eIS there is a reference number on the address, so it's easy to tell which items have different reference numbers.)

Cancel the transaction with the buyer's consent, and put up one single listing for all items as a lot with fixed price format. Have the buyer re-purchase. They'll be charged one shipping rate and you can ship it all together.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply