cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer doesn't want to pay left me neutral feedback falsely saying I don't ship to his location

Hi all,

I encountered a buyer from Peru who doesn't want to pay for an item he bought.

He falsely claims I don't ship to Peru when I clearly told him I do, and sent him an invoice for international shipping to Peru. He even left me neutral feedback falsely claiming I don't ship to Peru.

How should I deal with the buyer and the feedback, which is clearly untrue?

Regards,

Jay

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer doesn't want to pay left me neutral feedback falsely saying I don't ship to his location

@namazu 

< sent him an invoice for international shipping to Peru >     

Without more details, I think that the buyer balked when s/he discovered how much the shipping would cost.  Or does Singapore have subsidized, cheap shipping like China does?    

< How should I deal with the buyer and the feedback >     

You left a good Reply to the neutral feedback.  That's about all you can do.  It sounds like this buyer wouldn't be receptive to a feedback revision request, so I wouldn't waste one of the few that are allowed each year. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer doesn't want to pay left me neutral feedback falsely saying I don't ship to his location

@namazu 

< sent him an invoice for international shipping to Peru >     

Without more details, I think that the buyer balked when s/he discovered how much the shipping would cost.  Or does Singapore have subsidized, cheap shipping like China does?    

< How should I deal with the buyer and the feedback >     

You left a good Reply to the neutral feedback.  That's about all you can do.  It sounds like this buyer wouldn't be receptive to a feedback revision request, so I wouldn't waste one of the few that are allowed each year. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Did you cancel the transaction for non payment?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@namazu  when I went to your listing and check what countries you ship Peru was not on your list. So if you were to call eBay Customer Service  for a one time courtesy removal  they might not do it. Also because the feedback left was a neutral it is not affecting your account at all, so the one time courtesy  removal will be better  used when and if you ever get a negative.

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I did send a private invoice with worldwide shipping enabled. Now that you mention it, I wonder if there is a bug which prevents the buyer from paying? 

Thanks for your suggestion. I am trying to explain the situation to the buyer before I go to ebay directly - the language barrier is difficult though!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Not yet - I think it may be a misunderstanding so I'm giving the buyer the benefit of the doubt for now.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I actually sent a revised invoice with reduced shipping cost after confirming the package weight - I don't think it's a cost issue but I'm not completely sure. Still not cheap, standard EMS rates which is over $100 for priority.

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I'll try to talk to the buyer - perhaps there is a misunderstanding.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

They are asking you to cancel the transaction. However, if you do ("Buyer Requested"), it won't remove the feedback. The only way to remove the feedback is to cancel for non payment.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Buyer responded and amended the feedback - it was a miscommunication/mistranslation. Thanks all for the help.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Glad it worked out for you. Next question would be, can you send military items to Peru?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@namazu  so happy for you!!!

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 11 of 11
latest reply